Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FAVORITE WILD ANIMAL

One Too Many
Belive or not belive ¡¡¡¡¡

The Sonoran Chubacabra.. ;)

chubacabra.jpg

-dixon cannon[/QU
Mr. Dixon greetings from SLP., México, Funny picture, I have a friend wich his nickname is "Chupacabras" and really is like this picture.:D:D:D

Insp. Bumstead

New in Town
I think ants are the most fascinating animal on the planet because their behavior is so close to ours. They form organized societies, specialize in labor, fight wars over resources, undertake mass migration, keep slaves, and practice agriculture and animal husbandry. I love the fact that there are so many different kinds because I never stop learning new things about them.

When I was a kid, the yard around our house was home to two rival colonies of black ants. Their civil war was fought over all kinds of terrain: skirmishes on windowsills, full line battles on sidewalks, scavenging parties clashing around dead beetles and earthworms. Sometimes hostile third parties - like wolf spiders or the red ants from the lawn next door - would make incursions and would have to be driven off, but the two black colonies would always return to their fratricidal struggle. For a little boy obsessed with historical warfare, it was a great show. Many and ruthless were the battles that I witnessed (and sometimes instigated) between these two tribes, and for all I know they are still fighting to this day.

matabele_ants_s.jpg

Last edited:

One Too Many
I think ants are the most fascinating animal on the planet because their behavior is so close to ours. They form organized societies, specialize in labor, fight wars over resources, undertake mass migration, keep slaves, and practice agriculture and animal husbandry. I love the fact that there are so many different kinds because I never stop learning new things about them.

When I was a kid, the yard around our house was home to two rival colonies of black ants. Their civil war was fought over all kinds of terrain: skirmishes on windowsills, full line battles on sidewalks, scavenging parties clashing around dead beetles and earthworms. Sometimes hostile third parties - like wolf spiders or the red ants from the lawn next door - would make incursions and would have to be driven off, but the two black colonies would always return to their fratricidal struggle. For a little boy obsessed with historical warfare, it was a great show. Many and ruthless were the battles that I witnessed (and sometimes instigated) between these two tribes, and for all I know they are still fighting to this day.

matabele_ants_s.jpg
I think so......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo