Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Fedora Hats Are Rarely Sexy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboy76

Suspended
Rant on,...

Consider the source,..what is she, like 18? Not surprising, they're fed a nice dose of hip-hop and B.S for eight hours a day in school.

You can see the blantant "I wanna be something I'm not" reference,...she says she's not trying to be "racist" and then says they (Fedoras) dont look good on "whitey".....just another white chick trying to be black,...how pathetic!

Some one should just pull her on the side, and have a heart to heart,...

"Hey darlin,....you might have been raised in "da hood" or listen to the latest Jay-Z album, but in case they never told you, or maybe you dont know what a mirror is,...YOU'RE NOT BLACK! Not to mention, you wouldnt' know class if it stuck its shoe in yer arse!":eek:

Long live the fedora!!

Rant off,....

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Dumbjaw said:
KilroyCD said:
The article was written along her idea of style, her tastes.

That's what an opinion is...

KilroyCD said:
I don't know who she is, I've never heard of her before, but she seems to feel she's important enough to inflict her opinions on those who probably don't even really want it.

Why do you say they probably don't even really want it? They have to go to that webpage of their own volition in order to read it, unless she's spamming people. She writes a sex column for AskMen.com and writes intentional smut novels and probably has a following from the fans of both. She's not forcing anything on you.

KilroyCD said:
Personally, I thought her ramblings were ridiculous.

And she thinks fedoras are ridiculous. This isn't a right/wrong thing.
Well, I was going to go back and edit my post, but you replied before I got back to it. I was rethinking what I said and realized what a crappy mood I was in when I posted (it's a long story). First, I was stating the obvious about her opinion. However, you're right about people going to her web page to read it on their own volition. It turns out that I was inflicting my opinion on people who probably didn't want it.:eek:
However, I still think her ramblings against fedoras is a case of someone not knowing what classic style is even if it bit her on the arse.

cowboy76

Suspended
Dumbjaw said:
That's what an opinion is...

Why do you say they probably don't even really want it? They have to go to that webpage of their own volition in order to read it, unless she's spamming people. She writes a sex column for AskMen.com and writes intentional smut novels and probably has a following from the fans of both. She's not forcing anything on you.

And she thinks fedoras are ridiculous. This isn't a right/wrong thing.

Hey, how nice and PC.

Well, fact is Kilroy ALSO has a right to HIS opinion. You are going on like you are teaching a proverb or something,....its he said, she said. You ARE part of the Fedora Lounge right? Kilroy is also,...right? You ARE wearing a fedora in your avatar,..right?
So, why revolt on another fellow FL member,..he's not attacking or saying anything nasty about you?,..is he??

cowboy76

Suspended
KilroyCD said:
Well, I was going to go back and edit my post, but you replied before I got back to it. I was rethinking what I said and realized what a crappy mood I was in when I posted (it's a long story). First, I was stating the obvious about her opinion. However, you're right about people going to her web page to read it on their own volition. It turns out that I was inflicting my opinion on people who probably didn't want it.:eek:
However, I still think her ramblings against fedoras is a case of someone not appreciating classic style.

Dont apologize Kilroy,....its nothing, that's a blog, this is a web forum,....its just the internet guys, its nothing,....who gives a rat's behind??:rolleyes:

This PC crap is rediculous,....everyone telling everyone else not to say this or that in defense of their way of life, their religion, their job, waht they wear, howthey wear it, etc.
This thread was posted to show someone's stupidity and ignorance towards class in the way of a dumb blog,....big deal. Point made,...point taken. There are waaay to many people that have nothing better to do than try and tell others what they should think,...this is not the book "1984", we are not YET in an Orwellian society.....not yet at least. No need for the Thought Police.

...and as far as it being "well written"??.....her lack of knowledge is eveident in her uncouth rambling. Unrefined and ignorant.

MattJH

One Too Many
cowboy76 said:
Hey, how nice and PC of you

I don't understand this part.

And I still can't tell why this article is a big deal. Seriously, why is everyone caring so much? Some of the reactions are bizarre.

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
The picture comparison she displays is unfair. The pictures of the celebs wearing fedora ... well, frankly talking in those pics they dress like sXXXt, and possibly wearing sXXXty fedora as well. I ain't gonna imitate their look and how they wear hats, absolutely. Then she compares with other pic where they have better pose, hatless.

Most members here can dress a lot better than those celebs-in hats she portrayed. Maybe she hasn't seen Matt Deckard pic :)

KilroyCD

One Too Many
This is putting me back into that crappy mood...

Okay, I didn't mean for this thread to get derailed due to my post. Someone saw fit to point out the inaccuracy and pointlessness of my statements, so let's let it go at that. Let's try to get this thread on track before I haul y'all out behind the woodshed! :D

jcw122

New in Town
What other hat does look sexy then?

:rolleyes:

And I'm not so sure it looks as "sexy" as it does "sharp". I just love fedoras though.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Yohanes said:
The picture comparison she displays is unfair. The pictures of the celebs wearing fedora ... well, frankly talking in those pics they dress like sXXXt, and possibly wearing sXXXty fedora as well. I ain't gonna imitate their look and how they wear hats, absolutely. Then she compares with other pic where they have better pose, hatless.

Most members here can dress a lot better than those celebs-in hats she portrayed. Maybe she hasn't seen Matt Deckard pic :)
Thanks Yohanes, for putting it back on track...

cowboy76

Suspended
KilroyCD said:
Okay, I didn't mean for this thread to get derailed due to my post. Someone saw fit to point out the inaccuracy and pointlessness of my statements, so let's let it go at that. Let's try to get this thread on track before I haul y'all out behind the woodshed! :D

Sorry I think I'm having the same bad night you're having,...this friggin phnemonia is kicking my butt.

anon`

One Too Many
Wow.

Anyone else look at some of her other posts?

Using her logic, Cary Grant wasn't a real man, for the sin of wearing solid ties. Neither was Bogart (he wore finger rings and small-cased watches with--God forbid--leather bands).

Ah, the internet. A source of endless amusement.

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
Let me get my point of sxxtty method of dressing in this well debated blog:

Jude Law:

http://hubpages.com/u/144571_f248.jpg

The pic is not clear, not sure what kind of hat, but certainly he dresses messily this time, maybe not in special occasion. But then it is compared with this pic:

http://hubpages.com/u/144572_f496.jpg

He's posing for a photo session, of the hell's course he looks better!

Now Justin T:

http://hubpages.com/u/144576_f248.jpg

Sorry to say, no offense to the fans of such hat, but IMHO that's an ugly fedora. Hands down. He also dresses casually.

Then compares to this? Where he's wearing at least an overcoat and suit?

http://hubpages.com/u/144597_f496.jpg

Of the hell's course he looks better!

Then Colin Farrell:

http://hubpages.com/u/144598_f248.jpg

His hat is good, but look: he doesn't shave! Not sure about his jacket and shirt (or T-shirt?) too! This is not a photo session either I'm sure.

Then compared on his pose on swimming pool!

http://hubpages.com/u/144599_f496.jpg

Of the hell's course he looks better!

Now the Latino man:

http://hubpages.com/u/144611_f248.jpg

His straw fedora definitely suits his clothes. Casual dress in hot days. His hat is great. He looks fit, body proportional. OF COURSE HE LOOKS GREAT!

Blues Bros? Can't comment on them. They're wearing costume, since they're performers. Musician. Period.

Anyone may have better reviewe about those pics

BrotherBob

Familiar Face
Maybe she was...

...talking about this guy:

r158157_574472.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member