Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fedora in action

Wesne

One of the Regulars
A friend accidentally (she was trying to take a picture and had the camera set to movie mode) shot a brief (8 second) video of me on the job, wearing my Resistol fedora, so I thought I'd share it here for what it's worth. I'm a small town newspaper editor, which makes it relatively easy to get away with a few personal eccentricities like wearing a fedora. I'm in action here taking photos of the high school homecoming king and queen riding around the football field at halftime in the back of pickup. If you look closely, you'll see the practical advantages of a soft, not-too-wide brim for someone in my line of work. If it were much wider or stiffer, I'd have a hard time getting my eye to the viewfinder of the camera with the flash attached.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCCjtQMaPsQ

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
When I was a kid, Serious photographers used "press" cameras. (Anybody else remember those?) they also wore fedoras. They tended to have the brim permanently turned up in front, and a "press" card stuck in the ribbon. :D
By the time I was old enough to use a camera, things were changing.

fatwoul

Practically Family
Wesne said:
...If you look closely, you'll see the practical advantages of a soft, not-too-wide brim for someone in my line of work. If it were much wider or stiffer, I'd have a hard time getting my eye to the viewfinder of the camera with the flash attached...

Ohh I know all about this. When I'm working the front brim of my Fed Dlx usually ends up flipped up until someone asks me why I am wearing my hat to weird. :eek:

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
When using a camera, I have been known to turn my fedora around, so that the upturn is in front. It works amazing well, though it may not feel quite as comfortable, at first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy