Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Appreciation Month

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I know this is an odd title but here, today, Feb 1, 2012 I feel totally blessed by having been associated with the Fedora Lounge for so many years and what it has done for me. Here I am, living in the middle of the woods far off the beaten path , making the hats I've always wanted to make for clients all over the world , known to people I've never met & probably will never meet, and it's all because of this forum. I often have to just shake my head & pinch myself to make sure it's real. It's so hard to grasp what the internet has done.

Having said this, I wish to offer for the month of Feb a $50 discount for all FL members that are interested in me making a new hat for them. This will apply to ALL of my designs and all customs. There is very little I can do to give back to show my appreciation, but this is one thing. When emailing or calling please just let me know your FL "handle" and the discount will apply.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I echo your words, Art. The lounge has done a lot of good for me in terms of getting to know great people-such as yourself, Sir--and learn a lot about this beautiful art of hat making, servicing and wearing. Thanks for your generosity, Art.

Last edited:

Brando11

A-List Customer
Art, you continue to amaze me. What a great group of folks I've met on this forum, and you lead the pack. I will take you up on your kind offer; I'll be in touch before the end of the month.

(Now let's see- Dove with silver, or Midnight Blue with burgundy...)

Best-
Brando11
(Lorry Cohn)

You are extremely WELCOME! Totally, my pleasure getting to know you personally & professionally. My 3 Works of Art are among my most treasured possessions!
FedoraFest memories are right in there too, cloudy as they may be!!!!

A toast to Mr Fawcett = To Us & Those Like Us! Damn Few Left!!!!

jbucklin

Practically Family
Interestingly, I was having this very thought yesterday. My third VS hat will be delivered tomorrow and while waiting in excited anticipation I found myself marveling at the thought of how it was through the Fedora Lounge that I discovered Art and his wonderful creations. Then I realized that a good portion of Art's clientele most likely learned of him through this site. This causes me to contemplate the wonder that the Internet is. And this is coming from someone who has a real love/hate relationship with the worldwide web!

And then there is the knowledge of hats that I've gained. Two years ago I knew nothing of the art of hats; now they are a big part of my life---so much so that I have aspirations of learning to make them myself!

Thanks to all the loungers who are always so ready to help the novice. And thanks to all the novices as well!!

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Art, darnit, I was debating whether I could afford a new custom this year. Now you've gone and tempted me, probably beyond my will to resist!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider