Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Edition {Everything Australian } Akubra Camp Draft 2 5/8s brim

53Effie

A-List Customer
I'm in for a Bluegrass Green in size 58. My wife is not gonna be a happy camper; but I just can't resist.

Duper

Practically Family
Welcome aboard 53effie and ClothesHorse. Hopefully a few more will sign up over the weekend and we can get to 25 in short order. Akubra makes a fine product well worth the $90 AUD dollars Sam at EA is asking for this special version.

Also one lucky customer will win his or her purchase if we get to the 25 minimum to place the order.

,,,Mike

Harper

New in Town
I have a question for DJH about the BG color. He graciously posted a picture of two hats in BG, but they sure don't look the same. Could DJH or someone else that has seen a BG hat "in the flesh" comment on that please? More information about the color may help some waverers come on board.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Harper, the hats in my photo are separated by about 60 years and several thousand miles.

The Campdraft is the one on the left and I'd say the colour is about right under those controlled lighting conditions (people pay me to photograph their weddings so I've gotten reasonably good at all this colour balance stuff). The second hat is my early 50's Bluegrass Stetson Whippet. The Whippet is a more blue Bluegrass, whereas the Campdraft is more green.

Like a lot of these felts, the Akubra Bluegrass Green is going to change somewhat as the light changes. You'll see on the photo that Alexander posted under mine, the hat looks quite different in bright sunlight compared to the more diffused indoor light I had.

My Campdraft was the first hat I bought and it remains my wife's favorite colour in my collection. For 100 bucks or so (whether this special edition or the regular model) the CD is one of the best hat bargains out there.

Duper

Practically Family
Hey winter_joe, my bad if I missed you. Thanks for speaking up! We are getting closer to the magic number all the time.

Duper

Practically Family
Thanks DJH for the photos and the explanation of the colours as presented by your hats and Alexander's.

I know I have received more compliments on my BG CD than any other hat I own and it remains my favourite. Having a 2 5/8ths brim version would be the icing on the cake.

tealseal

A-List Customer
So close! If this pulls through it will be an amazing lid for everyone. Perfect proportions, combined with the Akubra quality we all know and love.

Curly

New in Town
Hi Duper,

Please count me in for a bluegrass in size 63. I have no other Akubras, so if anyone feels we shouldn't order our regular size, please let us know.

Thanks,

Bill

MCrider

A-List Customer
Only 4 more need to step up to make this happen! C'mon EVERYONE needs a green hat to complete their collection! LOL But seriously I have a regular BG CD and and the only thing that keeps it from being my fav is the wide brim. Making it 2 5/8 would be just right.

Duper

Practically Family
Hi guys, I am travelling for the weekend so my computer interface is mostly an iPhone. It is Thanksgiving in Canada so we are visiting the inlaws and outlaws in Windsor, just across the river from Detroit. We have passed 20 members who have signed on so I have emailed Sam asking for our next steps. Sam has responded and I will start tabulating sizes for our quest over the next couple of days. Sam has a portion to do on his website to prepare for the orders. Once that is setup Sam will email me the list of folks who place their order online and we will cross check to make sure everyone gets into the run.

So now would be a good time to speak up if you are sitting on the fence about this special run of hats. Once the order is placed the numbers are locked in. Bluegrass green was definitely the preferred option so if any of the members who were exclusive on the tawny fawn want to switch to BG please let us know soon.

Thanks everyone and especially RBH who has been my sounding board for this project. We are very close now. In a few months there could be a big box on your doorstep with a very nice hat inside.

Once everyone has paid for their purchase Sam will draw for the free hat. Your odds are pretty good. I hope you post a photo of your free hat when it arrives. ;-)

,,,Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails