Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Edition {Everything Australian } Akubra Camp Draft 2 5/8s brim

RBH

Bartender
Those dents [I believe you called them creases] were on all the Campdrafts I have recieved] they disappear when I creased my hat.
IMG_2332_zps5cb2bb47.jpg

They caused me no trouble at all.

ottawa_adam

One of the Regulars
That's a beaut, Thunderball! I can't wait to get mine, now.

I'm sure the vertical creases will come out with some steam. Do you think they got there from the shipping box?

MCrider

A-List Customer
Those pics definitely have me getting rather anxious for mine to come in. Every day I keep wondering when anyone besides the big heads ;) will come in. Actually I'm rather jealous of you guys. Have fun shaping and wearing!

samlark

New in Town
If only I had a bigger head...I wouldn't have to wait as long. :) The first shots of the hat are looking great; now we enter the final countdown...

-- Sammy

Landman

One Too Many
The dents are not from the shipping box. RBH said they will come out when the crown is shaped.

I have quite a few Campdrafts and most of mine came with those dents too. My experience has been much the same as Rusty's. The dents will go away after it is creased. Especially if you are going to stretch it a bit for a long oval.

Curly

New in Town
I am really looking forward to my Campdraft!!

My Camp Draft was one of the first three to ship, back on 1/1/13. I just received it this morning (1/15/13), after it spent 10 days in US Customs at LAX. I still have no idea why it took so long to clear Customs. [Note: you can track your order at auspost.com.au and usps.com. Sam's shipment e-mail will contain the tracking number.]

My first impressions: the Camp Draft is beautiful in person. The color is darker than the pictures suggest, more of a dark gray/green. The felt is stiff, and holds a bash quite well. So far I've tried a center dent and a diamond, and am leaning towards the center dent.

I have a question, though: what is the best way to drop the front of the brim? Steam?

I also bought an Akubra Rink in the same order. It is a synthetic straw (Polypropylene). The cream color is very nice. There has been some speculation that it might be too hot, being plastic, but it has an open weave above the ribbon that will let it breathe. Should be a great summer hat.

Thanks again, Duper, for pulling together this order. I'm very happy with my first Akubras.

Curly

New in Town
I just work the brim back and forth with my fingers.
Dont be too drastic with the felt work...but do it as often as you like.
Also do not bend the felt... but slowly work it.
I hope this helps.

Thanks! That does seem to be helping. I'll keep working it slowly until I'm happy with it.

dawgvet

Familiar Face
Hey Curly, how about posting a pic of the center dent bash when you get a chance. Been thinking about that in my CD as well.
Thanks
Jed

mando

New in Town
Hello curly, how about a pic of the rink. Iv'e been wanting to order one for summer. I have the capricorn and love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner