Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Loungers Map

I see my marker was deleted--look, I'm trying to humor you guys but I have good reasons for concealing my exact location. A two-hour radius is all you're getting, it's reasonably precise enough to show me on the map but gives me enough metropolitan area and suburb to hide myself in...

Feraud

Bartender
Diamondback said:
I see my marker was deleted--look, I'm trying to humor you guys but I have good reasons for concealing my exact location. A two-hour radius is all you're getting, it's reasonably precise enough to show me on the map but gives me enough metropolitan area and suburb to hide myself in...
Perhaps there was an innocent glitch in the system that deleted your marker?

Possible, it's a really buggy or at least non-intuitive system (I was trying to move on the map by click-drag, and inadvertently ended up mucking up poor ClaraB's marker).

Thanks for reminding me of one of the basics of IT: "Don't attribute to other users' malice what could be a simple glitch until data points that direction." My apologies for crawfishing, I'll repost and see if it takes.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Approximate location (two-hour-drive radius) posted. Don't come look me up without letting me know you're coming first, please... I hate surprise visitors.
I pinned the A&W closest to my house. Bring me a root beer float if you swing by.

Wil Tam

Practically Family
Hah hah hah

Diamondback said:
Who said anything about "misdirection"? I'm just being deliberately vague, giving a broad radius and a suggested site (albeit one I happen to spend a fair amount of time at) for any possible first face-to-faces involving me.

Explanation by PM later.

I'd use a proxy when meeting someone I don't know for the first time... just in case of unwanted gun fire.....:rolleyes: [huh] :D

----------------
Now playing: Radiohead - Creep (live)
via FoxyTunes

donCarlos

Practically Family
It took a while until I figured out how to do it. But I´m there, proud of being the most eastern lounger on the map yet :)

Wil Tam

Practically Family
sorry to hear that

Foofoogal said:
the page locked up on me and I had to shut my computer down to get it off. :(
Are you on a Mac or PC & what browser are you using? Also Google Map uses Flash & lots of RAM so you may need to update Flash or get more sticks, as a side note the map works on both Macs that I use for work [one lap & one desk] & my 2 PCs @ home... it could be an issue with your ISP but I doubt it.

----------------
Now playing: R.E.M. - Saturn Return
via FoxyTunes

Wil Tam

Practically Family
Who is PistolPete.....

and why did you change the name of the map to your barn? I mean you guys can mess with the title, as long as you leave Fedora Lounge in the name or what's the fracking point :eusa_doh:

I fixed it, thanks

sorry, rant over

----------------
Now playing: James Brown - Cold Sweat
via FoxyTunes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner