Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora---The Gangster Hat?!

Wild Root

Gone Home
V6 V8

Ha ha ha ha ha ha, Cadillac making a V6??? That's a hot one. LOL LOL LOL

I'm not an expert, but I know for srure that Cadillac never made a V-6 or flat head-6 in the 20's through the 40's. Only Ford, Plymouth, Dodge, Chrysler, Hudson, and all the other low priced autos came with a 6 cylinder motor. Most Ford's did come with a
V-8 by 1933 or 34 but, they never did go higher than that.

What makes a car a classic?

Ok, a true classic car is any thing pre WWII in the higher price field. Such as, Cadillac, Duesenberg, Rolls Royce, Lincoln, Packard and so on. Any thing that is 8 cylinders or more is considered by the car collecting world to be a true classic auto.

Now, what are all low priced pre WWII autos considered to be? They are Antique autos.
Post WWII which covers all makes fit under Vintage autos. And, from the 1960?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s to 1970?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s are considered Special Interest.

So, next time you go to a ?¢‚Ǩ?ìClassic?¢‚Ǩ? car show and you see mostly 60?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s and 70?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s mussel cars, you know that it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s more of a Special Interest car show.

Glad you liked the photo of the 4 door?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s little brother! It was my pleasure to try and put an end to the guess work:D

Cheers.

Re: V6 V8

Originally posted by Wild Root
Ha ha ha ha ha ha, Cadillac making a V6??? That's a hot one. LOL LOL LOL

I'm not an expert, but I know for srure that Cadillac never made a V-6 or flat head-6 in the 20's through the 40's. Only Ford, Plymouth, Dodge, Chrysler, Hudson, and all the other low priced autos came with a 6 cylinder motor. Most Ford's did come with a
V-8 by 1933 or 34 but, they never did go higher than that.

What makes a car a classic?

Ok, a true classic car is any thing pre WWII in the higher price field. Such as, Cadillac, Duesenberg, Rolls Royce, Lincoln, Packard and so on. Any thing that is 8 cylinders or more is considered by the car collecting world to be a true classic auto.

Now, what are all low priced pre WWII autos considered to be? They are Antique autos.
Post WWII which covers all makes fit under Vintage autos. And, from the 1960?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s to 1970?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s are considered Special Interest.

So, next time you go to a ?¢‚Ǩ?ìClassic?¢‚Ǩ? car show and you see mostly 60?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s and 70?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s mussel cars, you know that it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s more of a Special Interest car show.

Glad you liked the photo of the 4 door?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s little brother! It was my pleasure to try and put an end to the guess work:D

Cheers.

Now I get it so I have three Vintage autos and one Special Interest car. LOL By the way, I've got a 57 chevy truck radio that needs restoring. Do you have an idea who can do the work? :D

Regards to all,

J

Wild Root

Gone Home
By the way, I've got a 57 chevy truck radio that needs restoring. Do you have an idea

Yes! Right around the corner from my house! He's great at fixing vintage radios. Well, that's all he does is fix vintage radios.

I'll give you more info later. Got to go now.

Root:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou