Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Harv and Sam - nice pics.

Charlie - Nikon D700 with an old 28-105 zoom. It's a tolerably good zoom, with a macro setting, that I use as a walkabout lens. If I'm doing more serious stuff I'll use an AI'd manual focus 1970's micro-nikkor, but that's for when I'm not out for a walk with my wife (she tends to get bored waiting for me ;) )- these were just hand-held playing shots.

The onboard image processing software that processes data from the iPhone 4s - 5 is brilliant. I use it constantly The convenience of having a camera in your hand virtually everywhere and anywhere removes that excuse for not having gotten a shot. In fact, I find myself painfully aware of the photos I don't capture, not because I'm not ready, but because I don't have the courage to take the shot. Was just contemplating this on the subway in NYC the other day.

If you haven't already, borrow an iPhone 5s to get a sense of the difference. If you don't like the camera app from Apple, there are dozens of other choices. I have a couple that I use for other functions, but rely on the Apple app most of the time.

g.durand

One Too Many
The wife and I flew to Houston a couple of days ago and today drove to south Louisiana for a durand family gathering. Last night we went to the West Houston dive bar Shakespeare's Pub to see local harmonica bluesman Sonny Boy Terry.

ht2_zpse571567d.jpg

After the show.
ht4_zpscf75297f.jpg

With my "little" sister. We were feeling just fine.
ht7_zpsa4f1de06.jpg

On to Louisiana today, where we stopped in at one of the local eateries to try this seasonal delicacy. I ate every one of them. Well, just the tails.
ht9_zps36194e95.jpg

With my 84 year old mom.
ht8_zpsede32ab9.jpg

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
The wife and I flew to Houston a couple of days ago and today drove to south Louisiana for a durand family gathering.

On to Louisiana today, where we stopped in at one of the local eateries to try this seasonal delicacy. I ate every one of them. Well, just the tails.
ht9_zps36194e95.jpg

The Crawfish look good! Definitely makes me hungry! I've been looking up different recipes for those!

Looks like a great trip G.Durand. The gulf states are some of my favorites, and some hot crawfish and a few cold ones with family and friends is a hard time to beat.

Looks like last weekend was a lot of fun for many folks. Thanks for thinking well enough of the rest of us for sharing.
Stay safe all.

Super set of the Durand extravaganza, GDurand; wearing a fantastically appropriate hat, of course! Your Mom looks spectacular, and completely in charge! Looks like great fun for all, but the second photo of you and Mrs. gdurand is quite telltale... looks as though if you didn't close your eyes, you'd bleed to death!

Thanks for bringing us along!

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family

g.durand

One Too Many
David, yes, the vegetables are considered a mere garnish (I did have a salad).

TJones--just follow Fed's advice and you can't go wrong.

dh and Richard, thanks to you both.

Today began with a visit to the old cemetery where many of my ancestors are interred.
la1_zps1da1d5f1.jpg

la9_zpsb7bd8e27.jpg

la2_zps0c5fd54f.jpg

Later, my brother and I checked out the livestock on our cousin's ranch.
la3_zps4481be3c.jpg

la5_zps66594f23.jpg

And we ended the day at the Festival Internationale de Louisiane, a world music festival held annually in Lafayette.
la10_zps8211e4f1.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good, CountryClub!

Thanks again for taking us with you, gdurand. Although your brother's hat is respectable, none from any of the crowd shots tops yours!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats