Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

I took advantage of Art Fawcett's Florida trip a few months back, and had him measure up my brother in St. Pete for a Milan. Can't remember him (my Bro.) ever more tickled.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
This is one of my favorite threads and I have some catching up to do. Great post up Michael of good times with your family. I've also enjoyed the same recently.

I'm just back from 17 days and 2100 miles on the road that covered Wa, Ore, and Ca. I missed way more photo ops than I got. Also haven't mastered the iPhone 4S as well as alanfgag either, had to delete many shots for technical reasons but enough excuses. Had a great time meeting Che in San Fran on this trip as he has posted previously, thanks aren't enough to Che and his wife for the memories and hospitality.

A 40 mph selfie of my 81 yr old uncle Bill of San Rafael taking us for a tour of beautiful Lucas Valley Rd in Marin on the way to lunch in Rancho Nicasio

Che and I enjoying a quick energy bump before hitting San Fran

Che's friend and Lounge member Roberto of City Vintage. Che's about to fill some big trou

Che invited my wife and I to a fabulous home cooked Mexican meal prepared by his lovely wife Silvia. She can cook, you had to see/eat it to appreciate that. Their beautiful back yard

Check out my wife standing for scale of the succulent garden

Silvia's killer margarita

3 amigos, I know Che posted a bunch of these but I can't get enough of my 2 hammy friends

Che's handling an incoming and I think Moko wants my hat

My sister and brother in law have taken up bee keeping and I liked this woven hive we saw in a shop in Sebastopol

Also in Sebastopol we visited and tasted some gin and vodka distilled there. One of the high tech stills
IMG_0571_zps293881d0.jpg

More to follow

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
An amusing large sculpture of a surfing dog outside the distillery, I want one

One of the best pasta dishes I have ever enjoyed, Osso Bucco spaghetti from Cattelli's in Geyserville. The brother in law gracefully covered a wager on the outcome of the NFC West

After a great time in caly it was time to hit the Ore coast on the way home, Gold Beach

One of the many great bridges along the Ore coast, this one over Newport harbor

View of Haystack Rock from our lodging in Cannon Beach

Remember these? Also in Cannon Beach

Another view of Haystack Rock from the beach

Another great bridge, this one connecting Ore and Wa over the mighty Columbia River in Astoria. Only about 1/4 of the bridge is in frame, it's a long one. Taken from the Rogue Brewery where we enjoyed our last lunch on the road before getting home

I liked this sign on the old cannery that Rogue occupies

For Che

WHAT a TRIP! Fantastic photos, Mike, and I admire your decision to place your wife in the succulents! ;) Good move!!

That Milan looks SO good, too.

TAutry

New in Town
Looks like a great trip. I'll echo the above, thanks for sharing and letting those of us who don't get to travel have a little vicarious pleasure from your road trip. Lovely pictures and great hats for all!

Blessings for you all.

Just fantastic Mike. The Pacific coastline is spectacular. I had no idea those photos Che posts are from his backyard.

Beautiful and spiritual, like the mix of veal shanks and spaghetti, so nice together. Thanks for sharing them with us.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I like how Alan has Photoshopped out the string that is holding the orange to the tree :)

Great photo, Alan!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925