Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Lotsahats

One Too Many
As they would say here, Charlie, Yofi meod! Really awesome. That's a gorgeous setting with a special person--heaven can wait. :)

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Not as exciting nor beautiful as those posted here, it's more of a building "show off" to bowlerman since he seems to like this kind of buildings on a near by... "town" when my mother was picking the results of a exam my father made.

20140625m.jpg

20140625n.jpg

20140625o.jpg

The hat is a new arrival brown Stagecoach.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Vacation Cruise - Part 1

I went on vacation recently with my family, a cruise to Key West and Cozumel. My wife's parents, brother (his family), and sister (her family) also went. It was a swell time. I get along with my in-laws, so I enjoyed it. We embarked out of Miami, FL with cloudy weather. It rained on the way to the boat, but all was fine; it stopped raining by the time they warmed up the engines.

It was a Carnival cruise line and it was my first cruise experience. My expectations were met and exceeded in some areas. The food was fantastic, drinks were well made, and the service was impeccable. I'm not really a coffee drinker, but the cappuccinos were fantastic. I had one every night after dinner. We really enjoyed the shows, house bands, poolside entertainment, and room quality. There was a comedy club, as well. Honestly, it was like being stuck in a shopping mall for five days. Overall, it was a great experience, and I would definitely go again. :thumb:

307E07C0.jpg

There was a really cool "Neon Bar" with tons of vintage style signs. Perhaps they are inspired by famous dives?

535500CC.jpg

349C629C.jpg

40699849.jpg

The Grand Atrium.

87B83043.jpg

The "Rolls-Royce Cafe" was a coffee bar, where I got my cappuccinos. They even had a genuine late '30s / early '40s Rolls-Royce sitting in front of it!

3BD3D9F9.jpg

C83928CD.jpg

Stopped off in Cozumel at The Three Amigos restaurant! I'm a huge fan of the movie, so it was a real treat.

72101F36.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Vacation Cruise - Part 2

cont...

The bigger treat was the featured band that played in the main lounge, Chicago!! It was FABULOUS!!! It was a small venue, so the sound was really in your face, but not too much. The mix was done really well. The band was so tight and on-point with each other. It's like they've been playing together for years or something. Anyway, I've always loved their music, but had never seen them live before. The original band is not together, but most of them are still playing. Got to get a pic with Lou Pardini (joined in 2008-ish) who plays keys and provides vocals. GREAT SHOW!!!

E4A215BE.jpg

5F70B0D7.jpg

CF9EC998.jpg

0B0CE8DC.jpg

5126427E.jpg

Back in Miami, with my trusty Dobbs Milan.

6C6FE65C.jpg

AF38C06D.jpg

Last edited:

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
At Wimbledon

Court 2

A disappointing display of hats, though there were one or two nice panamas. The forecast hat predicted rain so I wore a VS light weight felt. In fact it was dry all day so should have worn a panama.

Outside Centre Court on the way to lunch.

Greg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
An'A, you ARE Alive and amplified! Thank you for sharing these pics-- they're fantastic!

Joao, how did you know? ;) I do love the look of those buildings! and all your recent posts have me rather intrigued by the Resistol Stagecoach line.

Charlie, Super shots! both in and off the boat!

Tedquinton, that must have been a great time!

Justin, now that is cool. I remember when the Jurassic Park: The Ride opened at Universal Studios (Hollywood edition), and my little brother refused to see any other attractions there for the entire day!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
South Dakota Highway 18, part 1

Please allow me to indulge for a moment. These photos aren't near as exciting as most of all of your recent posts, but I took a short road trip yesterday to play a gig in a very remote town of 600 people. Although hot and humid, I had to take a few stops to treasure and appreciate via photograph the few and rare positive aspects of South Dakota! I know they're a bit cliche, but oh well.

079-Copy_zpsf9999051.jpg

076-Copy_zps9e3653a2.jpg

069-Copy_zpsd0cc9443.jpg

068-Copy_zps44f96c4d.jpg

058-Copy_zps95f99fa1.jpg

055-Copy_zps123a69cb.jpg

050-Copy_zps197213be.jpg

047-Copy_zps54372296.jpg

046-Copy_zpsd09932ed.jpg

045-Copy_zpse653afc1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads