Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Quick question: does anyone own and have an opinion on Wolverine Apprentice boots? Was thinking of getting a pair that I've seen a pretty good price, but not sure where they sit in comparison to the likes of Red Wings.

zhz

Practically Family
Quick question: does anyone own and have an opinion on Wolverine Apprentice boots? Was thinking of getting a pair that I've seen a pretty good price, but not sure where they sit in comparison to the likes of Red Wings.

The quality is good, maybe not as good as RW MOC toe, but does not as good looking as RW IMO.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Sorry not a pic of them being worn but my latest (a couple of months old now), pair of Justin Roper boots.

These are my first pair of cowboy boots and I'm sold, they are just ridiculously comfortable and if they were good enough for James Dean, then they're good enough for me ;)

JustinRoper1_zps2b5e2bfd.jpg

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Smithy, are those the ones with the leather soles? Nice boots and the price is phenomenal. What's the quality like?

Yup, leather soles, although I took them to my cobbler to have some Topy protective toe soles on. They are excellently made and super comfortable. Apart from a pair of shorts you can pretty much wear them with anything ;)

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not work boots but these are some new boots I picked up. Rancourt mud guard boots. This isn't a style I thought I'd like but the leather was interesting and the price was very good. After wearing them for a couple of days I'm really liking them. Very well put together and extremely comfortable with good foot support.

IMG_8570.JPG

IMG_8549.JPG

IMG_8552.JPG

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
I wanted a pair of black boots, and ended up ordering these Frye Logan Cap Toe's in a beautiful rich dark brown color - I'll be teaming them up with a nice pair of contrasting colored laces.

(Borrowed pic from web)

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
Very nice. I like them...
not work boots but these are some new boots i picked up. Rancourt mud guard boots. This isn't a style i thought i'd like but the leather was interesting and the price was very good. After wearing them for a couple of days i'm really liking them. Very well put together and extremely comfortable with good foot support.

img_8570.jpg

img_8549.jpg

img_8552.jpg

breezer

Practically Family
I been enjoying my Red Wing Iron Rangers for a few months now - but yesterday was the first time I have done any real walking in them - maybe 4 or 5 miles at most - and I'm afraid to report they are no good for such endeavours. For someone who has worn sneakers my whole life - and Danners for heavy days at work and hiking, the Red Wings are just too damn hard. They look great, and are fine for swanning around - but I wouldn't want to use them for their intended purpose - work.
Has anyone else tried re-soling them with Vibram or commando style soles? That might soften up the experience, no?

Dav

One Too Many
Funnily enough I do wear my Iron Rangers to work, personally I find them to be very comfortable for the purpose. They did get quite a bit of wear prior to being relegated to work boots though, so that probably broke them first.
A pic of my current work boot rotation :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy