Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fellas living with froufrou?

Viola said:
Taxidermy actually doesn't bug me that much. Its the bedroom aspect... I don't wanna get undressed in front of anything dead. And I don't want it watching me while I sleep.

Over a fireplace in the livingroom? Doesn't bother me a bit. Well, usually. I'd probably be sad if it was some kind of big cat. But a deer or sheep or something? That's ok.

-Viola

Actually, in some cases, I think I would rather get undressed in front of taxidermy than some alternatives. :eusa_doh: They can't hurt you while you are sleeping or while you are getting undressed. :D :eek:
How about a bear skin rug in front of the fireplace as well? :p Javelina is always an interesting choice too. :D

Regards,

J

Viola said:
Isn't javelina a pig? I don't eat pig so I wouldn't hunt pig.

-Viola

How about if I shave the definition a bit? Its actually closer to a wild boar than a pig. :D
I can understand the pork thing though. There's nothing that says you can't have a taxidermied head of it though. ;)
You didn't address the bear skin though. :p MMMMMM bear. Tastes like....well, bear. ;)

Regards,

J

Viola

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
How about if I shave the definition a bit? Its actually closer to a wild boar than a pig. :D
I can understand the pork thing though. There's nothing that says you can't have a taxidermied head of it though. ;)
You didn't address the bear skin though. :p MMMMMM bear. Tastes like....well, bear. ;)

Regards,

J

Boars ARE pigs! :p

I wouldn't eat bear, either. Besides, bears are smart.

I eat venison though. And I could see myself going deer-hunting, eventually. There's plenty of white-tail around here.

-Viola

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Viola said:
Boars ARE pigs! :p

I wouldn't eat bear, either. Besides, bears are smart.

I eat venison though. And I could see myself going deer-hunting, eventually. There's plenty of white-tail around here.

-Viola
Plenty of deer around here too. They're running around all over the place in fact. :(
When they built suburbia in the deer's turf, they never left,...

Viola

Call Me a Cab
We were absolutely gobsmacked to find deer in our yard a couple time. The neighbors couldn't believe it. I mean, its not right in the city, but...its been built up for a really long time. We can't figure out where they're COMING from.

-Viola

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Viola said:
We were absolutely gobsmacked to find deer in our yard a couple time. The neighbors couldn't believe it. I mean, its not right in the city, but...its been built up for a really long time. We can't figure out where they're COMING from.

-Viola
Yeah, it's freaky. I was always under the impression that deer were all but extinct in Ohio, I never saw one when I was a kid. I guess they've always been around, but now they have fewer places to hide.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Viola said:

-Viola

No predators, lots of tasty exotic plants, who wouldn't move into the burbs?

Viola

Call Me a Cab
carebear said:
No predators, lots of tasty exotic plants, who wouldn't move into the burbs?

There's no PARK of any size near here. They're waltzing down Rt. 73?!

-Viola

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Viola said:
There's no PARK of any size near here. They're waltzing down Rt. 73?!

-Viola

Who needs a park?

The odd vacant lot, backyard hedges, landscaped businesses. I daresay if you look at a topo map and a satellite photo there's lots of greenery to live and move in.

ferryengr

One of the Regulars
Miss Sis said:
I have to say I would not inflict pink or frou frou on my chap in the bedroom. It seems cruel and unusual punishment!

Thanks Miss Sis! I like my women feminine and to be girly-girls, but pink in the bedroom is too much for me!

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Martinis at 8 said:
I surrendered on this topic. I just let my wife do whatever she wants with regards to interior decoration anywhere in the house. In fact I told her the house is hers.

One day I will buy my own place. No girls allowed!

M8

If fate deals me an uppercut and KOs me into meeting someone who'd marry me, I'd tell her she can decorate the house and I'll decorate the garage.

The colors you've chosen wouldn't bother me at all, ohairas, if they'd also been chosen by my mate.

Lee

But I'd insist on one room in the house for myself . . . my office. I'll decorate that.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Haversack said:
I think a good illustration of what could be called "frou-frou" can be seen in the photograph of the steak house at Madonna's Inn in San Luis Obispo.

http://www.madonnainn.com/steakhouse.asp

There is a particular shade of pink that Mrs. Madonna was very fond of. Even the sugar at the tables is that pink. It is also much less red than how its shows on my monitor.

Haversack.

Valentine's Day 24/7/365!!

Lee

"I'm much rather see this on TV. Toooooones it dowwwn." - William S. Burroughs

I forgot to mention my parents stayed in this room:
177.jpg

It had leather curtains when they stayed there though. [huh]
The Irish hills doesn't look too bad but it has to come with a fifth of whisky. ;)
156.jpg

Regards,

J

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
EGADS!! :eek:
Nikki

jamespowers said:
I forgot to mention my parents stayed in this room:
177.jpg

It had leather curtains when they stayed there though. [huh]
The Irish hills doesn't look too bad but it has to come with a fifth of whisky. ;)
156.jpg

Regards,

J

Edward

Bartender
ohairas said:
This just reminds me of how much taxidermy was used by the victorians. Women would put stuffed birds on their hats all the time, I've even seen a pic of one with a stuffed kitten!! :eek: I sure hope it was their beloved pet that didn't make it!
Nikki

A few years ago, I went to an exhibition on the Victorians in the V&A here in London. One exhibit they had was a kittens' wedding - the whole little chapel, wedding party and some guests and the vicar made with little clothes, all stuffed kittens. It looked really cute for all of thirty seconds before it became bvlindingly obvious how unlikely it was they'd have gotten that many kittens for it (about a dozen if memory serves) if they'd all died of natural causes. :cry:

I'd not be in the least bit threatened by a bit of pink and frou frou, but then I love kitsch and I spend a goodly proportion of my spare time in full Rocky Horror garb, so it's not as if I'm your average self-styled "real-man" anyhow....

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Edward said:
A few years ago, I went to an exhibition on the Victorians in the V&A here in London. One exhibit they had was a kittens' wedding - the whole little chapel, wedding party and some guests and the vicar made with little clothes, all stuffed kittens. It looked really cute for all of thirty seconds before it became bvlindingly obvious how unlikely it was they'd have gotten that many kittens for it (about a dozen if memory serves) if they'd all died of natural causes. :cry:

I'd not be in the least bit threatened by a bit of pink and frou frou, but then I love kitsch and I spend a goodly proportion of my spare time in full Rocky Horror garb, so it's not as if I'm your average self-styled "real-man" anyhow....

Wow, talk about animal cruelty. Peta would be all over these people today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran