Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Felter's lung

Any time you are sanding & putting elements in the air, you should protect your airways.
Do I do it? Mostly not. Seems I only don a mask when using an electric sander, hardly ever when doing it by hand....

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
bloc: Remember to check you genes as well. They may be just as important. My dad was a cabinetmaker since his 13th year and produced tons of sawdust throughout his life. On the side he smoked not under 20 cigarettes a day. Worked like a horse with two jobs most of his life. He died 83 years old and his lounges were not a problem. The more you ask around, the more examples like him you're going to find.

Dust is not good for your lounges, but if you make a hat a week, I would think there were lots of worse dangers to worry about. The more healthy we live and the fewer nutritional, economical and logistical problems we have, the more time and energy we have left to worry about ourselves and our bodies ... and modern man exhausts these possibilities to the very limit ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo