Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

Berto

One of the Regulars
upload_2020-12-11_9-31-26.png

Berto

One of the Regulars
What are your thought? Shinki smells great doesn't it :)
I'm struggling with that.

I love your design in Black Full Aniline, so that's was the first option.

But on the other hand, Dark Brown Pygmented aniline is an option because I'm thinking in SB Pacific black deerskin.

Deerskin_Rider_s_Jacket-02-6_2000x.jpg

Deerskin_Rider_s_Jacket-06-2_2000x.jpg

And I do not want 2 black jackets.

So I'm thinking seriously in Idaho Dark Brown pygmented aniline but decision is not taken yet.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I'm struggling with that.

I love your design in Black Full Aniline, so that's was the first option.

But on the other hand, Dark Brown Pygmented aniline is an option because I'm thinking in SB Pacific black deerskin.

Deerskin_Rider_s_Jacket-02-6_2000x.jpg

Deerskin_Rider_s_Jacket-06-2_2000x.jpg

And I do not want 2 black jackets.

So I'm thinking seriously in Idaho Dark Brown pygmented aniline but decision is not taken yet.

You might also want to take the core color into consideration. The brown pigment dyed leather has a light beige core which will show trough at the seams when they get stretched, or when the leather picks up scratches. I've scratched the brown swatch to give you an idea of what it will look like.
37209B0D-357E-4C4E-936E-FD8BFEC91FBE.jpeg

Berto

One of the Regulars
You might also want to take the core color into consideration. The brown pigment dyed leather has a light beige core which will show trough at the seams when they get stretched, or when the leather picks up scratches. I've scratched the brown swatch to give you an idea of what it will look like.
View attachment 288436
Many thanks Marc, I really appreciate your input.

Then black full aniline is taking advantage. Teacore is not growing on me.

Thanks for your valuable input.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
That’s @A-1s jacket. Miss that guy. He was smart (or maybe just less disposed for addictive behaviour) and disappeared from here after getting two nice jackets.
I sometimes wonder whether at some point my jacket lust will be satisfied. I joined this forum a little over a year ago and since then I've bought about 15-20 leather jackets and sold approximately the equal amount. Before joining, I bought about 2-3 leather jackets a year.
I don't think I'm slowing down yet. And why should I? I really enjoy learning more about jackets by buying and selling, discovering new styles, leathers and makers. Discussing them here with fellow jacket aficionados. It has been nothing but fun until now. I like this hobby :D

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Always loved jackets and yeah, this forum was fuel to the fire. I just wish I lived in a climate where I could wear them more. I know, most people wish to live in a climate with sunshine and all that. I'm not talking about full blown snow, but a steady 60-70ish degress 8 months of the year, I'd take that. Although in LA, a jacket is sometimes more practical than a thick sweater. You go from car to indoors, so it's nice to just take off the jacket and not be overly warm.

I just counted and I have 30 jackets of various kinds. About half of them are special use jackets I guess I'd call them. Go with certain weather, certain combinations of clothing, beaters, high end use, etc. So those will get used maybe 2-3 times a year. The others I'm going to try and get a solid 15 uses out of them each and that's really pushing it. Although, working mostly from home, I'm able to do some diva style wardrobe changes during the day. I find myself wearing 3 different jackets through out the day to start the break in process especially.

But yeah, I'm pretty much at my end. I'm trying to settle on a bakers dozen in the leather category. Few things in the mail and depending on how some stuff fits, classified soon will be getting a few deals. The other thing I battle with is I do have 2 sons that can start wearing this stuff in about 3 years. So I'm tempted to keep some of it too.

First world problems. Believe me, I know, and am super appreciative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana