Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Am I the only one so old fashioned as to like to call the maker directly? lol
I agree 100%
I have spoken to the maker directly for all of my custom orders (and for my Thedi and Aero orders I spoke with Carrie of TB). I find this is very helpful because you can have a real dialogue about all of the options and get a lot more information back-and-forth as opposed to simply sending a dozen emails. This also gives you a chance to hear the makers opinion about certain options which doesn’t always come through as clearly in text form.
I would have to say my favorite maker to talk to on the phone is John Chapman of GW, followed closely by Constantine of Vanson Leathers and Alan of Johnson Leathers. They all have such a passion for leather jackets that it makes the process exciting and more personal as well.

diabel

Familiar Face
You did this with a maker?
Atelier savas does for the mtm leather jackets. I wish Goodwear offer it too. That said jc’s jackets are 1k+ less than Atelier Savas and I think better looking. However, although very nice the jacket he made for me while back was a bit large in the chest but that’s when Vicki still handled customer interactions. My new jacket is coming up to be made by Goodwear pretty soon so will let you all know how it went this time.

red devil

Atelier savas does for the mtm leather jackets. I wish Goodwear offer it too. That said jc’s jackets are 1k+ less than Atelier Savas and I think better looking. However, although very nice the jacket he made for me while back was a bit large in the chest but that’s when Vicki still handled customer interactions. My new jacket is coming up to be made by Goodwear pretty soon so will let you all know how it went this time.

It's a good idea, especially for bespoke jackets

El Marro

Which thedi model do you own? I can't remember seeing you wearing a Thedi.
I own the “Triangle Man” in Cuio buffalo.
upload_2020-12-6_11-38-34.jpeg

You are correct that you have never seen photos of it because I do not like it very much. The collar has a weird sizzled bacon thing that annoys me and the sizing is off (that part is my fault). I love how his stuff looks in photos and on other people, but my one attempt was a disappointment.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I own the “Triangle Man” in Cuio buffalo.
View attachment 286951
You are correct that you have never seen photos of it because I do not like it very much. The collar has a weird sizzled bacon thing that annoys me and the sizing is off (that part is my fault). I love how his stuff looks in photos and on other people, but my one attempt was a disappointment.
I do like the model though, especially in suede. I believe this is one of Thedi's earliest models?
1D8070D3-ED0E-49EF-95CE-7EE85C2F38FF.jpeg

Sizzled bacon lol. Do you mean Thedi's beeswax finish?
C0E3C9A2-15EE-4970-A377-FC335FCA1ED7.jpeg

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I do like the model though, especially in suede. I believe this is one of Thedi's earliest models?
View attachment 286953

Sizzled bacon lol. Do you mean Thedi's beeswax finish? View attachment 286952
Thedi is a leather waxing master for sure which, besides his designs is one of his USPs. Yes, I agree the dark brown suede triangleman looks really nice and I ordered it from Theodoros about 3-4 years ago but as I wasn't sure if the brown suede does look as dark and as good as pictured (due to sunlight exposure) I eventually decided to change my order. Certainly it would be very interesting if someone here of TFL would own one and would post pictures of it. I've never owned a suede jacket....this will change next week.

Berto

One of the Regulars
This my bet. I’m trying to confirm with Greg

Attachments

• D8677C54-BCAD-4F2D-9258-68BB2E11208A.png
    D8677C54-BCAD-4F2D-9258-68BB2E11208A.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,160

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112