Field Leathers

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by MrProper, Mar 9, 2020.

1. North_Star

North_Star One of the Regulars

Here's something i've been working on with Greg. I have received the bespoke already, and he is finishing the jacket next week.
    IMG_20201213_125427_088.jpg IMG_20201213_125429_229.jpg IMG_20201213_125244_406.jpg IMG_20201213_125235_638.jpg

navetsea, air, El Marro and 20 others like this.
  2. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

3. North_Star

North_Star One of the Regulars

I havent fully made my mind between the teacore and the aniline, but I'm more leaning towards the aniline. Reasons being the deeper/warmer tone of black. Only bad thing about it is that it isnt that water resistant at all.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    Berto likes this.
  4. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

North_Star likes this.
  5. Mark R

Mark R New in Town

High guys a long time lurker and just signed up to the forum. I’ve had a few leather jackets over the years but never a high end one. At the moment I have a levi biker which I actually love, a Hugo boss which is nice and light all year round, a jacket from Marks and Spencer’s and a “jacket maker” jacket, all purchased cheap and second hand. So as you can see all typical high street type jackets but nothing really special. I would like one really special jacket that’s made to measure that’s going to be with me for many years and rather than going for something cheaper I’ve decided to save up for one from field leathers, it’s going to be a year of saving but I just think the slim fit is right for me and I love the quality of the leather. Yes I could purchase one at a fraction of the price from someone like five star but I think Greg has something special from what I’ve seen and he’s not even a million miles away from me living in Scotland. So let the saving begin which is actually the exciting but rather frustrating part.
    Mark

Fonzie, El Marro, marker2037 and 10 others like this.
  6. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Welcome to the lounge, you won't be disappointed and it will be worth the effort to save up to have something that you will enjoy forever and be able to pass along

7. Mark R

Mark R New in Town

Many thanks, quite strange that he lives just over an hour from ourselves.

dannyk and Jin431 like this.
  8. Cornelius

Cornelius A-List Customer

Would absolutely be worth visiting for a measurement in person, I imagine. Good luck with the savings plan, I'm in the same boat.

dannyk and Jin431 like this.
  9. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

That's quite a fortuitous privilege too. Save your hard earned cash, meet the man and get measured. You will have the best fitting jacket for sure. I'm sure he will enjoy meeting you and will be happy you pick his work against more established Scotland based makers.

10. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Welcome Mark, I think you are on track! Make an appointment soon before his fame, notoriety, price, and wait times significantly increase.

11. JustinW

JustinW Practically Family

Robbie79 likes this.
  12. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

JustinW likes this.
  13. JustinW

Jin431 and hondurasdave47 like this.
  14. hondurasdave47

hondurasdave47 Practically Family

Lol I was like, is that one of Greg’s? He’s been making jackets a lot longer than I thought!

ton312, Jin431 and JustinW like this.
  15. 58panheadfan

58panheadfan Practically Family

Tom71, Jin431 and Marc mndt like this.
  16. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Just recieved these, going to send them to Greg for a mystery project....

[​IMG]

17. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

@Carlos840 Sounds interesting even if I'm not yet sure if I really love or not love the Crown zippers (on my LW jacket) as Stu put wax on the zippers to make them smooth-running. Btw. I was talking to Greg about a mystery project yesterday evening, too ;)

18. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

Review from Carl Murawski

19. Berto

Berto One of the Regulars

I’m eager to receive my mock-up and finally I’ll go all the way with black Shinki full aniline.

Jin431, dannyk and Marc mndt like this.
  20. JustinW

I think my jacket goes into production in the next week or two. I was starting to doubt the measurements I’d sent Greg, but he sounds pretty confident that he has all he needs.

Jin431, dannyk and roadking04 like this.