Field Leathers

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by MrProper, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Thanks guys, much appreciated! I am not savvy enough to pair different color boots/jacket combo so I keep it to the tried and true.

powerserge likes this.
  2. TG3

TG3 Familiar Face

Incredible jacket design and fit! Sorry if already mentioned but what leather did you go with? Greg is mailing me some samples and I really enjoy the look of yours.

Jin431 likes this.
  3. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Thanks man! I appreciate you appreciating it!

No problem at all. This is a full aniline black shinki (smooth hide used so I have to work it and wear it well to get the grain to pop). This doesn't have a finish so you can see pores/flaws of the hides well, which is nice since it's uncorrected full grain. It is also dyed all the through so it will remain black since the core is also black. Granted it will not be the best against the elements since it doesn't have a finish it will not repel water well but that means it will develop faster and mold to your shape better when it gets wet and it dries and so on and so forth.

Good luck with your jacket order! Feel free to message me if you have any other question/concerns but I'm sure Greg will see to that better.

sweetfights and TG3 like this.
  4. nickv

nickv New in Town

Jin431 likes this.
  5. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Thank you, that was the main thought into this. Classic/clean/simple so it can be used for a long time, I see the same design elements with your Thedi. A lifetime piece (permitting we can sustain our current weight/build or there about)

nickv likes this.
  6. Monitor

Monitor

Technical perfection is one thing but what I consider a lot more important is something that Greg absolutely excels at and that is... Well, he gets it right.
    Pocket set up, proportions, angles, etc.; Simply put, he understands what makes a good looking leather jacket and that to me, that's what it is all about. Look at the epaulets, not only do they look right but how they end at the zipper line. Or even smaller things, like the belt snap-on loops.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  7. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Thanks for pointing that out, never would have known about those details but now I can appreciate his J24 pattern even more.

JustinW likes this.
  8. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman Practically Family

His work seems extremely precise.... Almost mathematical.

AeroFan_07 and Jin431 like this.
  9. 58panheadfan

58panheadfan Practically Family

Nearly too precise so that it looks (almost) lifeless... :confused:

Edit: A little wobbling or some other small imperfections, that's what gives it that extra something and makes a jacket unique. Every (and I mean every) Leather Jacket I had (incl. FW, Thedis etc.) had some small flaws... and I love it because I know, this jacket with e.g. a small wobbling on cuff-seam is mine and no other ones have the very same jacket. It stresses me more when I know I have a perfect jacket and some guy has the same perfect jacket from the same manufacturer :(

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    Tom71, Jin431 and Imuricecreamman like this.
  10. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman Practically Family

Flat on the board it looks 2 dimensional, but we've seen them come to life when worn.

58panheadfan and Jin431 like this.
  11. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Most people have different measurements, and in case you want something nobody has... just go for a unique colour or hide :)

powerserge and Jin431 like this.
  12. oskar

oskar Familiar Face

I am very sure that you will never ever run into someone with a FL jacket.

Jin431 likes this.
  13. Tom71

Tom71 Practically Family

powerserge likes this.
  14. JustinW

JustinW Practically Family

A few sneak peak shots as we finalise things on the adjuster straps. I’m getting really excited now!
    02151529-0D34-4D91-B02C-F63755B8E965.jpeg B1D32C56-0C6A-4283-924C-CD694454DA20.jpeg 0E9D1E17-F803-443C-A974-0F0F55757C72.jpeg

I opted for buckle and eyelets, at waist level.

Jin431, powerserge, TG3 and 10 others like this.
  15. 58panheadfan

Of course there is the possibility to breathe individuality through the choice of color, through the design or by wearing a jacket. But that's not what I meant by my post. I mean, I love to discover these small flaws (I'm not talking about mayor flaws here) in a jacket. This is the manufacturer's signature, so to speak ...

Edit: Okay, maybe FL signature is his flawlessness :) which is great too.

powerserge, red devil and Marc mndt like this.
  16. 58panheadfan

The thought of it is enough... ;)

17. Brandrea33

Brandrea33 One of the Regulars

Jin431, JustinW and Tom71 like this.
  18. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

That hide is amazing, and I think the buckles look classy. Your pictures show the FL arm rotation in the pattern really well too.

19. giasty

giasty New in Town

Hi guys, I’m new in this forum; an italian friend of mine said me to look at this thread because I’m looking for a leather jacket.

I would like to ask you an advice; I’m looking for a leather jacket and for me this is quite difficult because of my small size (often the smallest size is too big for me), so I would like to evaluate also a MTM solution like this of Field Leathers. The price of this solution for me…is high, but eventually can be ok if I can get a “pefect” product. I think I’ll have to to decide before the price will go up on March.

My main worry actually is… That I’m not 100% sure of “what I want” from this jacket. I see everybody here seems to know exactly what they like, pokects, proportions, and so on. Now I only know that I want something very simple and clean. Actually, until 3-4 months ago I would never have bought a jacket with this price... I started interesting more on clothing, style… When I try something at shops I have often doubts about wearability of clothes, if they fits perfectly on me or not… How can I decide every aspect of a jacket without trying it before?!? :-D

What should I do? Book my jacket, and the try to understand what to ask exactly? The 7 months lead time is perfect for my situation ahahha.

In the meantime I should study on this forum I suppose! (if you can suggest me brands where I can look at good leather jacket I start studying them, what I like, and what to avoid…or specif website where to look at…I have already read all this thread of course)

Thank you very much, I hope my thought is clear (and hope my english is not too bad!)

Tom71 and Jin431 like this.
  20. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

^^ Welcome to the Lounge. Just start through What Jacket are you wearing today and see how far you get.... :)

powerserge and Spiney like this.