Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
My second jacket in the queue is #1802. Haven’t heard from them in this case at all. Strange. The order was from 23. april 22.
My order was from April 29th. To be fair they didn't contact me. It was me who kept contacting them.

From what I can gather from his Instagram stories, it takes him two working days to complete the machining part of just one jacket now. Or he spread out the pics over two days. Either way it aint quick. I bet he used to pump out at least two jackets a day at Aero or more. But Greg's signature 1/8" top stitch is worth it. You'll feel it when you get your jackets. Photos can't describe the hand feel.

Maxxmitten

New in Town
I got my jacket from Greg in October 2020. It was not a custom order. It might be one of the ones featured on his website. Greg posted it to IG and the numbers happened to be a good fit at the time. Unfortunately, age, indulgence, and gravity have conspired to ruin that for me.

I was not, and am still not, an expert on leather jackets. I was familiar with Shinki and liked the look of his stitching/construction. I figured he must pretty confident in his skills to be on his own and using that material. I didn't know of his reputation, nor heard of Aero, when I took the leap.

I was beyond happy when it arrived. To be honest, even though it no longer fits, I don't regret the purchase. Because of Covid, I've worn it just a handful of times. It's not even fully broken in. The deep Navy blue is rich and saturated, without being bright in the sunlight. If I remember, this one is full aniline. The stitching is white and, of course, it's neat and tidy. It had better be or else mistakes would really stand out.

Sometimes I go into the closet to look at it and smell it.

Here are some pics. I apologize for the low-quality bathroom selfie.
image6.jpeg
image8.jpeg
image3.jpeg
IMG_1222.jpg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I saw that MASH sells deadstock 70s wool-backed rayon L-2 jacket liner. Could make a nice liner for a leather jacket. On the other hand, I can't imagine you could do a nice paneled lining with it.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I got my jacket from Greg in October 2020. It was not a custom order. It might be one of the ones featured on his website. Greg posted it to IG and the numbers happened to be a good fit at the time. Unfortunately, age, indulgence, and gravity have conspired to ruin that for me.

I was not, and am still not, an expert on leather jackets. I was familiar with Shinki and liked the look of his stitching/construction. I figured he must pretty confident in his skills to be on his own and using that material. I didn't know of his reputation, nor heard of Aero, when I took the leap.

I was beyond happy when it arrived. To be honest, even though it no longer fits, I don't regret the purchase. Because of Covid, I've worn it just a handful of times. It's not even fully broken in. The deep Navy blue is rich and saturated, without being bright in the sunlight. If I remember, this one is full aniline. The stitching is white and, of course, it's neat and tidy. It had better be or else mistakes would really stand out.

Sometimes I go into the closet to look at it and smell it.

Here are some pics. I apologize for the low-quality bathroom selfie. View attachment 487979 View attachment 487985 View attachment 487987 View attachment 487988
Nice. The slant pockets on a CR get me every time. Nice contrast stitching, too. Beauty. Wear it unzipped for now, maybe it'll fit again with time.

newtojackets

Practically Family
It's incredible how nicely this jacket ages.

7 months of regular wear...

I reshaped the coin pocket flap using some water, that didn't happen naturally :)

View attachment 488365 View attachment 488367

View attachment 488366 View attachment 488369

View attachment 488364 View attachment 488368

Some bonus pics :)

View attachment 488370 View attachment 488371 View attachment 488373 View attachment 488372
How do you get regular wear on any jacket, especially in 7 months, considering how many jackets you own :D

Maxxmitten

New in Town
It's incredible how nicely this jacket ages.

7 months of regular wear...

I reshaped the coin pocket flap using some water, that didn't happen naturally :)

View attachment 488365 View attachment 488367

View attachment 488366 View attachment 488369

View attachment 488364 View attachment 488368

Some bonus pics :)

View attachment 488370 View attachment 488371 View attachment 488373 View attachment 488372

Beautiful Jacket. I think the pocket looks better after your modification.

Maxxmitten

New in Town
Nice. The slant pockets on a CR get me every time. Nice contrast stitching, too. Beauty. Wear it unzipped for now, maybe it'll fit again with time.
I like your optimism! Actually, I surrendered and I'm getting a new Fields that's larger. It's also a Route 66, but it has straight chest pockets instead of slanted. Hopefully I like it as much. I really want to be able to comfortably wear it closed or with more than a t shirt underneath. It's too cold where I live to not have options.

I chatted with Greg recently and some details I got right and some wrong abut the navy Route 66. The stitching is tan, not white. I guess my lighting is crappy. The hide is pigment, not full aniline. ( I told you I wasn't an expert. Others can probably tell by looking a it.) Greg said he's pretty sure it's the one pictured on his website, so I think that's kind of cool.

Kenan

A-List Customer
I was originally going to ask for his oldest tag but I might ask for this instead.
I asked for that tag as soon as I saw it!
IMO the one that he ‘upgraded’ to with the Fine Creek style plain text looks really bad.
I agree. I didn’t like that at all either. Don’t know why he chose that over some of the other ones. His previous label was better.
Yeah this tag looks amazing
It’s definitely cooler and better suited for vintages styles of jackets that is for sure! I really like it!

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree. I didn’t like that at all either. Don’t know why he chose that over some of the other ones. His previous label was better.

Yeah that’s what was really weird about it. He knocked it out of the park with his first label, which is a hard thing to do. Maybe he got so many people sending him Fine Creek photos (someone did just a few pages ago) that he assumed the market wanted that label style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB