Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finally I have a question about hats...

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
I currentally looking for a hat and I was wondering if any of you educated people on this board might be able to give me some leads. The hat I'm refering too is one I haven't seen discussed on this board but I don't think it'll be too difficult. It's the hat that Dr. Allen Grant wore in Jurassic Park. Brand, Model, Approx. Cost, Leads on where to find it, would all be very helpful. Here's some pics of it.

49384824.jpg

49384822.jpg

49384820.jpg

49384815.jpg

This would be great...MAN I love this movie... I was like 13 when it came out and saw it a record (for me anyways) 23 times...too the point that the theater owner saw me so many times he said he would let me see it free after my 6th or 7th time as long as I promiced just to see that one and not go sneek off to other theaters.

-Doc

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Doc, I have no clue who made this hat but you might want to try Baron Hat Co. in SoCal ( I think Burbank) and speak to Mark Mejia. He does alot of the film hats and might be able to further your search. Good luck

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
We can get anything woven, but as you know, a Montecristi woven out costs much more than the Cuenca variety.

I love it when they say that the hat is real paja toquilla *the stuff grows from Mexico on down to near Chile* and that it is Ecuadorian, but they fail to say if it is from Montecristi, the coast, or Cuenca, the highlands. The cheapest Cuenca hat is a buck or so and the cheapest Montecristi *not grueso* is about $20.00 and the grueso about $7.00 unfinished.

Even to weave out a coarser grain of fine straw you are talking over $100.00 with that crown height and long brim.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy