Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Viking752

Practically Family
Aero HH . If you are a size 36 it’s a beautiful jacket For a good price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1662638320...FoTonrfQrC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

IMG_0476.jpeg

Observe

One Too Many
I love this style of jacket, with the handwarmer and flap pockets. Is there a particular name for it? Too pricey for me, but I'd still like to know the measurements...

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
My experience, along with others, these run big not small. I think he intended to say 46 in the description.

While the price is high, the jacket appears to be in excellent condition. This is a map pocket jacket with the original through belt often sold as Sears Hercules.

I recently sold a police version with no map pocket and side laces.

Will never sell for the asking price, but has offer available.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Someone, somewhere here ask about catalog measuring. This is from a 1942 Sears jacket page above.

View attachment 540006
That would be me. Thanks T.

I was also looking for the original prints of Sears catalogues, one from pre-war and one from post war, autumn winter edition of course. So far I could only find reprints from the 70s. While I do prefer repros over vintage jackets, for books I would want the first editions. Haha.

Came across a 60s Buco ordering package recently. It's only matter of time before I stumble upon vintage ordering packages from the Californian makers. I will post it here for sure.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart