Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
$138 BIN! jmax’s link.
I immediately asked about the lengths and the answer was predictably too short but if you can get in it...
9B47D6DF-E9D2-407E-8E1F-A1A14A3A97AD.jpeg

I love everything about this jacket except its condition.. at this BIN I'm fairly tempted to buy it merely for the sake of having someone rebuild me one like that..

It’s really a cool jacket. I bet it could be saved with a good conditioning program and then reline. The relining would be more than the bin but then you have a stellar jacket.

$138 BIN! jmax’s link.
I immediately asked about the lengths and the answer was predictably too short but if you can get in it...
View attachment 167383

He sent me some convoluted and weird numbers. Did you get a 20” or so length from bottom of collar to bottom of jacket? He also said 23.5 or so from top of popped up collar to bottom of jacket. I was left a bit confused.

Here is his message::
Pit to pit in front is 25 inches.Shoulder to should across the back is 21 1/2 inches ( top of shoulders). Sleeve length from shoulder to cuff is 24 1/2 inches. Length from bottom of collar to bottom of jacket is 23 1/2 inches when collar is standing up, 20 inches from bottom of top collar and 18 1/2 inches from top if second collar to bottom of jacket.

He sent me some convoluted and weird numbers. Did you get a 20” or so length from bottom of collar to bottom of jacket? He also said 23.5 or so from top of popped up collar to bottom of jacket.

Here is his message::
Pit to pit in front is 25 inches.Shoulder to should across the back is 21 1/2 inches ( top of shoulders). Sleeve length from shoulder to cuff is 24 1/2 inches. Length from bottom of collar to bottom of jacket is 23 1/2 inches when collar is standing up, 20 inches from bottom of top collar and 18 1/2 inches from top if second collar to bottom of jacket.
LOL! I got 23.5” sleeve, 23” back. I damn near didn’t care for the cost. But there’s just no point in getting my hopes up it’ll fit.

LOL! I got 23.5” sleeve, 23” back. I damn near didn’t care for the cost. But there’s just no point in getting my hopes up it’ll fit.

Hell, if that’s accurate I am tempted. A bit shorter than my Eagleson’s so I will let someone else enjoy it. Knowing me I will check my watch list until it’s gone.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I'm always a bit skeptical of Grais vintage leather. I only owned 1 and seen a lot more on the net. I don't see the quality of leather that I do see in other brands of the era. Just my impression

Thank you, perfect reason to unwatch the jacket and let someone else down the rabbit hole. Now please give me a reason to do same with the Taubers Police jacket in the classifieds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner