Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Leather Walker

Practically Family
Lewis Leather Lightning no. 391 jkt for £99 - illegible tag.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/193241418017
s-l1600.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I admit it. I want this!! Made in San Francisco and still there. I don't care if it doesn't fit! I would go a good price for this, but the opening bid is $475. Hard to imagine getting a bid, but it is unique and all together a cool collectors piece. Doubtful you would see another.

It's pretty cool! I want it too, but not sure how I'd wear it. Seems warm.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I fairly confident I can't wear it, but still want it.

I really like this Ralphs-Pugh also too small for me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30s-Vintag...-JP/402332170746?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
LOVE this jacket as well and have drooled over it even knowing its way too small for me.

But reviewing this label a bit closer I find it interesting the Cleaning Instruction. I have never seen this recommendation on a jacket. "USE WARM WATER AND CASTILE SOAP" I don't know if this is just for the sheerling portion or the entire jacket. I've seen leather jackets from time to time that were labeled as "WASHABLE"---which may have been a "thing" back then that was marketed---like, maybe it just wasn't known to most that you could clean your leather jackets or something. I had read that Castile soap isn't PH neutral and is therefore not the best option for cleaning leather (at the risk of venturing dangerously into the cleaning/conditioning debate :eek:). Interesting to me on a few levels. Great jacket though. I especially dig the back. Its not a one piece but what they did with the multi pieces is beautiful. Alas, the smaller sized man wins again on this one!!!!!o_O

dannyk

One Too Many
Well thats about one of the best looking Bates Ive ever seen. I dont know about the leather quality or how good it would be to ride in since I dont ride, but simply aesthetically speaking, thats a beaut for Bates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran