Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Lovely jacket, but too small for Ton. Heck, too small for me, and I wear vintage 40...:(

Pit-to-cuff -13....

I would definitely ask for more accurate measurements of the sleeves lol. Though I think the chest and length would work.

I just like this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VTG-Sicons-Italian-Sheepskin-Shearling-Winter-Jacket/254686254081

s-l1600.jpg

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think someone posted this jacket from ebay some time ago not as bargain but merely being curious about the brand. I could not find the original listing at Yahoo auction JP then. It is now back on Yahoo auction JP.
CHP.jpg
CHP2.jpg

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I think someone posted this jacket from ebay some time ago not as bargain but merely being curious about the brand. I could not find the original listing at Yahoo auction JP then. It is now back on Yahoo auction JP.
View attachment 254132 View attachment 254133

You gotta love Japanese marketing: The original listing had the price at $900. No bites at that price. "Soooooo.....no bites at $900 ayyyy???? Okay.......new price...... $3000.00.....that'll attract buyers for sure!!!"

That's not some exchange rate misunderstanding. Bartering for something in Japan must take like, 100 rounds of negotiation to get to something close to market rate. Interesting sales strategy.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
You gotta love Japanese marketing: The original listing had the price at $900. No bites at that price. "Soooooo.....no bites at $900 ayyyy???? Okay.......new price...... $3000.00.....that'll attract buyers for sure!!!"

That's not some exchange rate misunderstanding. Bartering for something in Japan must take like, 100 rounds of negotiation to get to something close to market rate. Interesting sales strategy.

They seem to think that the higher the price, the better it must be, and someone both rich and dumb enough will come along eventually. What's the point of selling something for a low price?

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
The Japanese. I read a good book in the 80's written by a US reporter living there. Titled "Strange but not strangers".

Those I have met over the years in Australia have been unendingly polite and pleasant, (almost ritually so !)

Many of these folks were "biker" guys riding the big loop around Oz , a mantra for many.

A few years ago we hosted as a family a wee Japanese girl of age 12 , a swimmer on the Japanese Olympic swimming programme.

My daughter, aged 10 then, a top WA swimmer at the time , took this young girl to her Aussie swim training ( which was the deal ). The young girl went to Aussie primary school classes with my daughter , like "total immersion".

Her mum came to stay as well , palled around with my wife for 2 weeks , doing typical "Aussie" stuff..

Like going to the pub/brewery of a Sunday arvo and having 4 or 5 beers haha...Vino every night with dinner.

However , only one generation ago many of them thought it was a good idea to crash a perfectly good aeroplane into your aircraft carrier...Just saying ! ( And apologies for the thread derailment !)

Claybertrand

One Too Many
The Japanese. I read a good book in the 80's written by a US reporter living there. Titled "Strange but not strangers".

Those I have met over the years in Australia have been unendingly polite and pleasant, (almost ritually so !)

Many of these folks were "biker" guys riding the big loop around Oz , a mantra for many.

A few years ago we hosted as a family a wee Japanese girl of age 12 , a swimmer on the Japanese Olympic swimming programme.

My daughter, aged 10 then, a top WA swimmer at the time , took this young girl to her Aussie swim training ( which was the deal ). The young girl went to Aussie primary school classes with my daughter , like "total immersion".

Her mum came to stay as well , palled around with my wife for 2 weeks , doing typical "Aussie" stuff..

Like going to the pub/brewery of a Sunday arvo and having 4 or 5 beers haha...Vino every night with dinner.

However , only one generation ago many of them thought it was a good idea to crash a perfectly good aeroplane into your aircraft carrier...Just saying ! ( And apologies for the thread derailment !)

Very interesting anecdote man. I have always wanted to go to Japan to check out the culture AND THE BEER/BOOZE AND FOOD. I hear nothing but raves and I think the sentiment I get from friends who have traveled there are almost exactly what the title of the book you mentioned is----So strange and foreign but at the same time, you feel safe and right at home even if you can't read a thing!!!

That sounds really cool having an exchange family from Japan. I'm sure it was quite an experience for all involved. I went to high school with one German exchange student and graduate school with another German. Both were on exchange programs. I still am friends with these guys and its been YEARS we've known each other. They still treasure their time they had here and I have visited them a few times over in Germany too. Great times.

I'd love to host some foreign travelers.

It IS so crazy that the Germans and Japanese were enemies of the US and AUS etc. and yet now, both are considered fairly strong allies.

I once sat next to a Japanese man on a flight back from a fishing trip in Mexico. He was 90 something years old. He was a Surviving Kamikaze pilot. He was in line to take flight as a dive bomber in a few days and the war ended before he had to go. He was VERY interesting to talk to. He made me really want to visit Japan.

I want to hear about how they got hooked on American Leather jackets and how they seem to have accumulated so many of them. Their taste seems impeccable. They have so many cool jackets over there!!!!!

I also apologize for derailing the thread......

BACK to the Finds and Deals!!!;)

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
chp-jpg.254132

I have this jacket with the Rayon lining and removed belt loops. With the original label though. Supper Heavy Stiff Horsehide. Size 46/48. @Claybertrand has one like mine with the belt loops. Maybe the seller would buy our jackets like half his price. He would still be ahead. Makes sense to me..I'll write him.

Last edited:

RockSolid

One of the Regulars
found this for 300e, is that a lost worlds?

Attachments

• 0526b_C1eB23JpNQmEVSGxH2heGc7A.jpeg
    0526b_C1eB23JpNQmEVSGxH2heGc7A.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 552
  • 06c2a_ncpuFyb3RurUKkyU52uay5Pu.jpeg
    06c2a_ncpuFyb3RurUKkyU52uay5Pu.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 707

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk