Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-60s-BR...994190?hash=item3667a3600e:g:IiwAAOSw6~dfJMZF

Nice brown 60s Brooks xzip larger size

s-l1600 (9).jpg

Blackadder

You sure? Looks really good. Even if it's a fake, it looks better than many real RRL's I see floating around.
Seller included the actual product photo of another item. You can spot the difference.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Distressed...473038?hash=item421e9d650e:g:u5EAAOSwk-BfOZJw
and his Riley backpack compared to the real one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RRL-Double...190229?hash=item42192c8795:g:HBoAAOSwtzleyvU0
https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens...acks/riley-leather-backpack/14097096497567836
As for that particular type 2 trucker, I don't think it exists in RRL collection cos it is a leather copy of the Levi's 1880 triple pleated blouse and RRL's product has names like Weston which is the name of the trucker jacket.

Last edited:

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Tough to tell from actual photos to the website photos sometimes but the stitching on the label of that jacket does have a crooked line on the 'RRL' jacket and it seems clumsy for them to put the wash label inside an unlined jacket like that, most of the time they put them inside a pocket if they are on display on the RL jackets I've had.

I think I came across something from this seller a while back and thought the deal a little too good to be true, also he has this feedback I see;

"Unauthentic item, replica, not real RRL
Ralph Lauren RRL Vintage Distressed Studded Brown Leather Belt (#283719802910)"

So yes, I think buyer beware here.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Seller included the actual product photo of another item. You can spot the difference.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Distressed...473038?hash=item421e9d650e:g:u5EAAOSwk-BfOZJw

The actual jacket often times differs quite a lot from the marketing photo.
For example, I bought this jacket a few weeks ago. First photo is from the RL website. Second photo is from the actual product.
07883EB1-56C0-4407-A4D7-DCF5CB77C920.jpeg
2C75F878-9359-495C-8170-0CD9244B756E.jpeg

Sometimes the marketing photo is taken from a sample product. Sometimes later when they mass produce the item small changes are made. That could also explain minor differences.
I have worked for Ralph Lauren for 5 years and I do recognize most of the sellers items to be legit.

Judging from the photos I can't be 100% sure though. The R on this printed label looks rather odd:
F731648A-7EE8-4406-9BBC-31E56F75DB7D.jpeg

Last edited:

Blackadder

The actual jacket often times differs quite a lot from the marketing photo.
For example, I bought this jacket a few weeks ago. First photo is from the RL website. Second photo is from the actual product. View attachment 255211 View attachment 255212

Sometimes the marketing photo is taken from a sample product. Sometimes later when they mass produce the item small changes are made. That could also explain minor differences.
I have worked for Ralph Lauren for 5 years and I do recognize most of the sellers items to be legit.

Judging from the photos I can't be 100% sure though. The R on this printed label looks rather odd: View attachment 255213
I am pretty sure that RRL does not make a leather triple pleated blouse and 100% sure the backpack is fake because I have seen the actual one and it looks exactly like the product photo on (note that is Mr Porter's not RRL's phtoto) and different from the seller's item.
As for the distressed biker, the hardware are wrong. Bukcle, lining and studds are quite different.
There are some real products in the mix I think. For example the canvas Nautilus messenger bag is real cos I own one.
Oh that Mr Freeom Bronco of his also looks fake.

Last edited:

Mich486

One Too Many
If they are fake they sure are pretty well done. That studded leather jacket I believe there’s a male and a female version. The website picture is of the female model.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I am pretty sure that RRL does not make a leather triple pleated blouse
I haven't see one before either. But it doesn't make sense. Why would someone make a fake jacket in a non existing design. A design which is also very intricate and therefore pricier to manufacture.
My best guess is that it's a factory sample.

Blackadder

I haven't see one before either. But it doesn't make sense. Why would someone make a fake jacket in a non existing design. A design which is also very intricate and therefore pricier to manufacture.
My best guess is that it's a factory sample.
The label is probably added afterwards. There are tons of fake RRL stuffs on Taobao and therefore easy to get those fake labels and tags. Then there are many manufacturers in China making modified versions of popular design from vintage inspired brands. They made a leather version of the Freewheelers aviator vest and record breaker jacket (FW does not have leather versions of those) so it is not surprising that they make a leather version of the very popular LVC 1880 triple pleated blouse.

Jumper

A-List Customer
This is the end of everything and it's the coolest thing ever in the world ever.

https://www.grailed.com/listings/14844051-other-agatha-blois-leather-gilet-trousers

Prw5PtkfRDmNV6JZ1GHq

XYrKLQCWQzOT1IuULhvN

Whoever gets voted in for Prez should have to....uhhh I mean should GET TO wear this at the inauguration.

It's not funny, guys. Don't you know the story? In Tulsa in 1976, Evel Knievel almost burned to death in this. Legend has it that whosoever wears it shall defeat Chuck Norris in open battle and bring about the end of days. Though, I dunno, this one might be a Chinese knockoff.

The label is probably added afterwards. There are tons of fake RRL stuffs on Taobao and therefore easy to get those fake labels and tags. Then there are many manufacturers in China making modified versions of popular design from vintage inspired brands. They made a leather version of the Freewheelers aviator vest and record breaker jacket (FW does not have leather versions of those) so it is not surprising that they make a leather version of the very popular LVC 1880 triple pleated blouse.
I wonder if this is a "Real" Lost worlds....:rolleyes:
Lost Worlds Heavy Duty Steerhide Leather Motorcycle Jacket RRL
Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 4.49.38 PM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ