Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

RockSolid

One of the Regulars
Found this for 550e, i'm hesitating so much, it is a goodwear made of russet cowhide
Measurements are good, made in 2005/06
Great condition, i would say it is a 8.5/10
01_00ae7_VS7g1VgNszTTuqbVW2DwsMrb.jpeg 01_00273_jPwLpWotDRqNPtBumWr913EV.jpeg
01_0051c_5jkMbzyak2YZyU5VsdxfjG3n.jpeg 01_005ca_P7YjXcbNg3naqk7s2RUk1w2T.jpeg

@tmitchell59 thanks for your answer, i decided not to buy this horsehide jacket

Last edited:

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It seems that many Japanese jacket listings tend to be on the higher side cost wise on eBay. Most of the items ARE really cool though and so perhaps its just that you only see the listings for the really rare and really costly things on eBay. Perhaps more common leather jackets -- not just the super rare ones-- can be found on Yahoo Japan. I was always thinking it could be that the eBay listings are simply high priced items due to their value. Now it seems it could be that SOME or a handful of these rarer jackets are picked up by the middle man Seller types looking to capitalize???

I don't know. Just my experience is when I see a really cool true vintage jacket in the listings, and its usually photographed and presented very well, the size ends up being like a 36-38 and its usually relatively high priced. I can look at the listing and 9 times out of 10 predict before reading the location that its a Japanese listing. I never thought it could be third party sellers jacking the price up. Again, as you intimate, this is not the case with all Japanese listings.

Is this practice allowed on eBay?? It would seem that the guarantees would be hard to honor as the actual listed Seller is sort of brokering a sale. Interesting........ And I'm glad you pointed out what you have seen as far as these third parties. People should be aware of this practice. CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!!!!!:cool:
These 3 racing shirts I bought from Japan are Buco 49800yen, Beck 34020yen and HD 16800yen respectively. They may not be collector's condition (missing label, lining, zipper replaced etc) but they are in pretty good wearable condition without any need for further repair. Bargain or not, you be the judge (no duty or sales tax for me on imports, so it would not make any difference if I buy from Japan or US or Europe).
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/vintage-racing-shirts-single-rider.100943/

Claybertrand

One Too Many
These 3 racing shirts I bought from Japan are Buco 49800yen, Beck 34020yen and HD 16800yen respectively. They may not be collector's condition (missing label, lining, zipper replaced etc) but they are in pretty good wearable condition without any need for further repair. Bargain or not, you be the judge (no duty or sales tax for me on imports, so it would not make any difference if I buy from Japan or US or Europe).
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/vintage-racing-shirts-single-rider.100943/

Good deals are where you find them brother and the hunt is GLOBAL!! Those look like real nice pick ups. I buy from US, UK, and Europe. Never Japan. The sole reason I have never purchased out of Japan is sizing. Just different sized people with smaller sized jackets nearly across the board. I'm a 44-46 even up to 48 sometimes in Vintage jackets being that they run smaller than modern. If I could fit in the Japanese sizes, that would be a treasure trove man!!! Seems to be a high concentration of really good stuff over there.

Chevalier

One of the Regulars
Wow! I posted this jacket back a few when it had an opening bid of $500. Now Best Offer. I thought the pullover itself was worth that. Is it a size issue or just negative on the pullover? Doesn't Cal Leather make this jacket today for a price? It is a size issue?

This pullover is listed at $800 without padding on the current Cal Leather site.

http://cal-leather.com/shop/pullover

Leather pants are listed starting at $800!
Pit to pit is listed as 19”, but it doesn’t match up with the sleeve or shoulder measurements. Maybe this is just how measurements come out if you cut a size 38 for a riding posture?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

The seller of this is a real muppet...
I sent a message asking for back measurement and to ask him if he would ship by USPS instead of the eBay shipping program.
He answered telling me he didn't own a measuring tape, had no way of measuring the jacket, followed by :
"your cheap as hell you already want to save money on the shipping and you haven't even bought the damn thing yet do me a favor don't buy it I can already tell where this is going you're already unhappy before your purchase it's already not going to fit at that price you can roll the dice"

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
I sent a message asking for back measurement and to ask him if he would ship by USPS instead of the eBay shipping program.
He answered telling me he didn't own a measuring tape, had no way of measuring the jacket, followed by :
"your cheap as hell you already want to save money on the shipping and you haven't even bought the damn thing yet do me a favor don't buy it I can already tell where this is going you're already unhappy before your purchase it's already not going to fit at that price you can roll the dice"
Sold by creator :D

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Gotta admit i got a really good laugh from this!!
Muppet...priceless!
B

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Sold by creator :D

Seriously, this guy is a morron...
I ask for measurements, he refuses to measure anything, he tells me it's a size 42 and if i am a size 42 it should fit me. In the same message he tells me "I've always been a 42 I got that and boom it doesn't fit "
So it would fit me if i am a size 42, but it doesn't fit him even though he is a size 42... Great logic.

I tell him i own 7 LW jackets, they all have different back measurements, telling him a tag size gives little information about back length, he answers: "If you own 7 lost worlds jackets then you'd be jumping at the chance to buy this vest anyway please don't buy it I'm not having a fire sale at just doesn't fit"

It's like this guy is trying not to make a sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner