Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Jumper

A-List Customer
The seller of this is a real muppet...
I sent a message asking for back measurement and to ask him if he would ship by USPS instead of the eBay shipping program.
He answered telling me he didn't own a measuring tape, had no way of measuring the jacket, followed by :
"your cheap as hell you already want to save money on the shipping and you haven't even bought the damn thing yet do me a favor don't buy it I can already tell where this is going you're already unhappy before your purchase it's already not going to fit at that price you can roll the dice"
Fair is fair, Carlos—offer a trade: He measures the back and uses USPS, and you send him a bag of punctuation marks he can start using in his sentences.

I sent a message asking for back measurement and to ask him if he would ship by USPS instead of the eBay shipping program.
He answered telling me he didn't own a measuring tape, had no way of measuring the jacket, followed by :
"your cheap as hell you already want to save money on the shipping and you haven't even bought the damn thing yet do me a favor don't buy it I can already tell where this is going you're already unhappy before your purchase it's already not going to fit at that price you can roll the dice"

Moronic imbecile. What difference does it make to him if you want to save on the shipping? Like he wouldn't want to? Some people ought to be thrown into a volcano.

And don't buy that vest. It's lame now thanks to that sitcom.

Claybertrand

One Too Many

I really don't think this guy should be allowed to talk that way to prospective buyers. He's just not qualified.

Not unless he has "a filthy door" as the hanger and photo backdrop to his listings.:eek::eek::eek::eek::D

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Seriously, this guy is a morron...
I ask for measurements, he refuses to measure anything, he tells me it's a size 42 and if i am a size 42 it should fit me. In the same message he tells me "I've always been a 42 I got that and boom it doesn't fit "
So it would fit me if i am a size 42, but it doesn't fit him even though he is a size 42... Great logic.

I tell him i own 7 LW jackets, they all have different back measurements, telling him a tag size gives little information about back length, he answers: "If you own 7 lost worlds jackets then you'd be jumping at the chance to buy this vest anyway please don't buy it I'm not having a fire sale at just doesn't fit"

It's like this guy is trying not to make a sale!

Maybe its Jeff Bezos tanking his leather jacket sales biz to offset his Amazon Mega Income???!!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!!! Who knew you could use your jacket selling business as a Tax Shelter!!!!!!!!! o_O

Jumper

A-List Customer
Anyone recognize this? No label and ambiguous sizing. Needs a new zipper. 50 GBP + shipping.

s-l1600[1].jpg

s-l1600[1].jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/V-COOL-VIN...IKER-ROCKABILLY-1940s-MOTORCYCLE/324263567592
(In the UK, but this is the US listing.)

Last edited:
Seriously, this guy is a morron...
I ask for measurements, he refuses to measure anything, he tells me it's a size 42 and if i am a size 42 it should fit me. In the same message he tells me "I've always been a 42 I got that and boom it doesn't fit "
So it would fit me if i am a size 42, but it doesn't fit him even though he is a size 42... Great logic.

I tell him i own 7 LW jackets, they all have different back measurements, telling him a tag size gives little information about back length, he answers: "If you own 7 lost worlds jackets then you'd be jumping at the chance to buy this vest anyway please don't buy it I'm not having a fire sale at just doesn't fit"

It's like this guy is trying not to make a sale!

I’m going to head over to eBay and ask for the back length.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Don't know if this RRL is a deal or not, but it's a looker. Any opinions on quality?...
Listed as Medium, tagged as Large, no measurements. $550 + shipping /w offer option

View attachment 255177 View attachment 255178
View attachment 255179
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RRL-Double-RL-Ralph-Lauren-Type-II-Leather-Trucker-Jacket/283966029845
Measurements are included but I doubt they are any good. P2p is way too small for a Large :
Tag Size L. Run SMALL, fit like M.
Chest 20.5"
Shoulder 18"
Sleeve 24.5"
Length 24"

Quality of RRL leather jacket differs from one to the other. I've owned a few. Usually the construction is ok but the leather is very flimsy and underwhelming. Never worth its full retail price. If you can get one at around 300 dollar it might be worth a try if you really like the style.

Personally I don't like this one. The front pleats are too narrow and the pleats at the back look out of place. Imo their current offering looks much better :
4F3805DD-AABF-460A-8828-9B021BE1CCB9.jpeg
A9987AB6-1CC7-4C6F-A095-F9D821874B30.jpeg

Jumper

A-List Customer
Measurements are included but I doubt they are any good. P2p is way too small for a Large :
Tag Size L. Run SMALL, fit like M.
Chest 20.5"
Shoulder 18"
Sleeve 24.5"
Length 24"

Quality of RRL leather jacket differs from one to the other. I've owned a few. Usually the construction is ok but the leather is very flimsy and underwhelming. Never worth its full retail price. If you can get one at around 300 dollar it might be worth a try if you really like the style.

Personally I don't like this one. The front pleats are too narrow and the pleats at the back look out of place. Imo their current offering looks much better :
View attachment 255189 View attachment 255190
My bad, I missed that info. Thanks for pointing it out. (For some reason, on ebay my browser sometimes loads the entire page except for the description. I should know better by now.)

Thanks for the opinion on RRL. I've seen that newer one before—the mottled look bugs me but I do like the construction and features better, like the small back pleats at yoke and waist. The suede version is cool.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Don't know if this RRL is a deal or not, but it's a looker. Any opinions on quality?...
Listed as Medium, tagged as Large, no measurements. $550 + shipping /w offer option

View attachment 255179
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RRL-Double-RL-Ralph-Lauren-Type-II-Leather-Trucker-Jacket/283966029845

I think this is quite a good looking jacket. I noticed it too, but went on my way since it is too small for me. I owned one of their jackets, a black half-belt. I was too big but too nice at the price. Gave it to my son. It was not the quality of what this one appears. I especially like the color and the unlined interior. The leather looks impressive. Reminds me of some rather fancy leather. There is a lot of stitching in that jacket! Looks pretty well done for the money.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
@Carlos840

24” back length on the LW vest. 22” P2P.

Seller was quite friendly. His inner muppet went from Animal to Kermit.

How did you do that?
Maybe he had a bunch of TFL users ask for measurements an realized it is a normal thing to do after all!
Too short for me though, thanks.

How did you do that?
Maybe he had a bunch of TFL users ask for measurements an realized it is a normal thing to do after all!
Too short for me though, thanks.

Dunno if you wear vests but 24" is a perfect length for a leather vest that is a size 42. Motorcycle vest absolutely and positively cannot go over the belt, otherwise it's a failure. Stu knew what he was doing with that one. It ought to fit same as any waistcoat, ending just above the belt. Heck, now I'm more tempted than ever.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

View attachment 255179
I am not convinced that this is a real RRL. I took a look at some other RRL items the seller has and I spot a few that I would bet are fake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21