Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Coriu

One Too Many
Oh I am totally down for the challenge! WJAYWT meets WEARIT :)
...first entry
upload_2021-3-25_11-25-54.jpeg

dwilson

A-List Customer
I saw some stuff that may ruffle some feathers but nothing worthy of a ban.

I saw him making personal attacks against another user in one of the threads. I'm not exactly an expert on the rules around here but that easily could be the reason. Granted said user I believe did make the first comment. It felt very high school tbh.

dwilson

A-List Customer
I'm not an admin so I don't wish to speak for them but comments like his sent a very bad tone for a forum which is designed to share pictures of ourselves and our clothing. It isn't so much a short joke but a personal attack on someone's appearance. If a member does have personal insecurities and the admin staff does not check users who sling personal attacks said member will be extremely reluctant to post new content making it very difficult to attract new blood to the platform.

I'm not an admin so I don't wish to speak for them but comments like his sent a very bad tone for a forum which is designed to share pictures of ourselves and our clothing. It isn't so much a short joke but a personal attack on someone's appearance. If a member does have personal insecurities and the admin staff does not check users who sling personal attacks said member will be extremely reluctant to post new content making it very difficult to attract new blood to the platform.

Nah, historically, he got as good as he gave.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Australian Slang and Unique Phrases

Can't find anything on leg measurements there.

I get it, calling someone short, isnt really "cool" but perhaps as with my own group of friends when hanging out together certain liberty's can be taken.. Perhaps Mr G-man thought he was amongst friends and was "Busting Chops" with Dude.. Im sure no real harm was intended. If Dude was truly insulted he should have called G-Man out and told him to calm down.
Maybe us older guys don't have the same sensitivities as you young guys.. I dont know.. Getting banned for that strikes me as another example of cancel-culture.. which ( in my opinion ) is a real problem and I dislike it.

Anyway, not bad for $150..

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bl...480805?hash=item2185216be5:g:9M0AAOSwTA1gQFZW

Edward

Bartender
That’s it?!? A leg measurement joke/comment. Sheesh. I’d be embarrassed to hang my hat on a banning for that. Even 100 comments of that nature.

Bartender Comment: In these parts, we expect people to behave civilly: for reference, see Paddy's long-running sticky thread on this matter. Whatever caused it, the poster DownunderMan several weeks back went on a spree of making deliberately provocative and insulting posts that made personal jibes at a range of forumites, the very least of which was posted above, and led to many reports. This is why the user was pulled. Occasionally, some banned members do like to come back in for a look around. Often they're surprised to discover how quickly they give themselves away, both who they are, and clear indications of repeat behaviour. Please don't assume you know exactly why someone was banned - we do tend to clean up the mess someone makes when they cross a line that way, so it's highly likely you didn't see the offending posts as they will have been disappeared. Banning is not something we do lightly. If folks want to give playground insults or seek to provoke a row, there are better places on the web for that.

Now let's not derail this thread any more, please!

Pandemic

One Too Many

Kalmer

One of the Regulars
I get it, calling someone short, isnt really "cool" but perhaps as with my own group of friends when hanging out together certain liberty's can be taken.. Perhaps Mr G-man thought he was amongst friends and was "Busting Chops" with Dude.. Im sure no real harm was intended. If Dude was truly insulted he should have called G-Man out and told him to calm down.
Maybe us older guys don't have the same sensitivities as you young guys.. I dont know.. Getting banned for that strikes me as another example of cancel-culture.. which ( in my opinion ) is a real problem and I dislike it.

Anyway, not bad for $150..

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bl...480805?hash=item2185216be5:g:9M0AAOSwTA1gQFZW

That comment was posted when there was an argument going on between those two, which I happened to have witnessed. Given the vibes at that moment, anyone can see it clearly without any difficulty that this guys was trying to insult the other one, by no means a harmless joke among close friends. And as far as I can see the bartenders undoubtedly have done the right thing (and have acted fast).

Not sure if the historical comments before the incident are still there. But for anyone who is interested, feel free to check it out and get more context before drawing a conclusion.

Last edited:

My Scooter

One of the Regulars
Just my two cents... I only read the comment in question.. I am an American who has several friends who are from Great Britain. Many times my friend Alan would say something I found a bit blue. However when he is with his friends from back home, when they carry on. Their sense of humor is different than what I grew up with.

Since Covid People has lost their sense of humor! I think we have lost the ability to laugh at our self’s and each other. As a people we have become much to sensitive. George Carlin, Johnny Carson, Bennie Hill, Jackie Gleason the great’s of comedy! Would no longer be acceptable today? Why?

We all need to take a deep breath and remember especially in this Blog that is worldwide. We are all different and come from many places many of us will never see. We all use different terms in how we express our-self's, However, we all have one thing in common.

We love our vintage leather jackets! and love the way they make us feel. But more importantly it’s us the members here who save these items for future generations!

So who’s got the next find to post??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points