Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

LOL...sometimes I read this forum and think if there was a way to remove all of the references to leather jackets it would sound like a forum for addicts LOL, ie "I’m fighting this one hard" Just one more drink, that's all I need.:)
Well, I could use a sponsor :D
I will say it is an absolute addiction. To what I’m not sure. It’s not the jackets, they are just a hit. There’s something else at play.

Coriu

One Too Many
Well, I could use a sponsor :D
I will say it is an absolute addiction. To what I’m not sure. It’s not the jackets, they are just a hit. There’s something else at play.
  1. We admitted we were powerless over... leather jackets—that our lives had become unmanageable.
  2. Made a searching and fearless inventory of our... leather jackets.
  3. Having had a spiritual awakening, we tried to carry this message to...leather jacket addicts.

Take this for what it's worth, but I heard that Al's cut corners and their later jackets were not on par.

No idea. Hasn’t been my experience, but I’m no Al’s historian.

The jacket for sale does look good though. And my man in NC just pickpocketed one in my size from me. Same seller. A TFL member too.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
One with zippers, the other with flap pockets:

View attachment 324876

Are these Lewis Universal Racers with different styling? To counter HM, I prefer the flap pockets. Both great though. Really want this style in the green sheep at some point.

Just picked up this "like new" beast of a vest made by Coronado leather out of San Diego, California, for under $100. The weight of this thing is remarkable. A while back they moved their sewing operations to Mexico. Being right across the border, I don't think the move was a big deal. I've spoken to the owner and get the sense they are very hands-on concerning the quality.

A friend of mine in Texas with a bison herd turned me on to them. Coronado makes jackets and vest with bison, not buffalo. I live in a a rural area with real cowboys, so the style suits me. Coronado makes a lot of their clothing to accommodate concealed carry. Although a lot of their stuff has a Western flare, they make other styles as well. Their selection of vests is substantial and they are constantly playing around with new styles, ie their Pioneer Shoppe. I have no connections to them...just impressed.
View attachment 324976

View attachment 324977

Duuude I have come close to picking up one of their vests several times but have worried about the quality. Have you got it in hand yet? Looks good in these pictures

Here’s one that’s a bit less offensive to the eye:)
Vintage Windward. I’m fighting this one hard b/c I know I won’t be happy with the fit. Nevertheless I’m not sure what I’ll do.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203331313787
View attachment 325278 View attachment 325279

What a beaut! I used to hate that hand pocket style, but over time my preference has shifted towards pockets that can and have been used

Coriu

One Too Many
Duuude I have come close to picking up one of their vests several times but have worried about the quality. Have you got it in hand yet? Looks good in these pictures

Yes, I have it in hand. It weighs 3 pounds, if not a little more. And my friend with a bison herd, who has a collection of their stuff(and who is very picky), sent me one about a year ago that was just as nice.

Green label Californian (Japan)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CALIFORNIA...-/124107325396?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

48E38BED-B2CE-40ED-9C67-B2A5FD77071F.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto