Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Lol!!!!!!! TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!!! You, Me, Jmax and Terry---although I think Terry wears a size down from my preferences----we're all in the same ballpark. You and I are sitting the Trojan out. We know Terry has declared he's going to pursue it. Jmax HAS to be lurking......... o_O

Claybertrand

One Too Many
As cheap as this 60s Brent/Montgomery Ward jacket is, one could buy it simply to use as a post Bidet wipe................. not the snap or zipper parts obviously but.... anyway its a STEAL of a price for a yet again tiny sized jacket.

Carry on......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114818475402?hash=item1abbb6e58a:g:0~UAAOSwgYxfkg75

s-l1600.jpg

Kubatu

A-List Customer
As cheap as this 60s Brent/Montgomery Ward jacket is, one could buy it simply to use as a post Bidet wipe................. not the snap or zipper parts obviously but.... anyway its a STEAL of a price for a yet again tiny sized jacket.

Carry on......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114818475402?hash=item1abbb6e58a:g:0~UAAOSwgYxfkg75

s-l1600.jpg

I scooped it up. I don't like that they got rid of the epaulets, and there are no studs on the back, but for $50 shipped it could be a lot worse. Maybe if I dye it back to black I can get some sore of weird fake teacore effect over time.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I placed a $1k bid, just to see what happens. Didn't meet reserve.
what the heck

maybe you all should take a deep breath, leave that 70 years old piece sitting in the attic where the seller found it and just order the LW repro and demand this originals backlength from Stu (my only beef with his version is it seems aekfully short on pictures). i know i would. paying that amount of money, i‘d pick the jacket that lasts another 70 years over the one that did last for 70 years and has a botched main zipper.

Igohr Brennand

New in Town
I’ve purposely sidelined myself for two reasons:
1. Despite the insane rarity of the jacket itself and it’s size (which quadruples its unicorn-ness) I know damn well it will either go beyond what I’m willing to pay, or I’ll make a decision akin to a drunk freshman girl at a frat party.
2. I have told myself repeatedly I have defeated the cross zip. I have one (single one) in my closet and that I will not find a better fit than it provides. It does not have the vintage allure or straight up concrete balls the Trojan has. But, and it took me God knows how long to figure this out....I won’t best this jacket for a cross zip. I just won’t.
So I will spectate.
View attachment 336204

Man, thats a freaking amazing fit! What jacket is this specifically ? (New to the game so still struggling to recognize completely just from pic).

Man, thats a freaking amazing fit! What jacket is this specifically ? (New to the game so still struggling to recognize completely just from pic).
Older Vanson Highwayman (model E). I’ve had around 12 of these but this one takes the cake. I’d go so far to say that this is my fav cross zip ever. Beats out Aero, Bates, Cal, Langlitz and Lost Worlds. Never had a cross zip I liked as much as this one. This is the one for me and rather than pursue a million more in this style, I’m done.

Schambach

Practically Family
@ton312 that was the smoky one from the classifieds right? I was a little bummed that you beat me to it initially, but now that I see how well it fits and how much you like it I'm nothing but stoked for you.

@ton312 that was the smoky one from the classifieds right? I was a little bummed that you beat me to it initially, but now that I see how well it fits and how much you like it I'm nothing but stoked for you.
Same one! Cleaned, conditioned and aired out perfectly. TBH I couldn’t smell any smoke but my sniffer isn’t that good.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Lol!!!!!!! TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!!! You, Me, Jmax and Terry---although I think Terry wears a size down from my preferences----we're all in the same ballpark. You and I are sitting the Trojan out. We know Terry has declared he's going to pursue it. Jmax HAS to be lurking......... o_O

You wait and see, John is going to sneak in there and get it before anyone has a chance to bid...

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That jacket is going to fetch. I’d be shocked if it doesn’t.
The last one this size on eBay had an opening bid of $1,500 sold with only one bid. I remember it looked to have less wear than the current jacket.
I do not understand why the current Trojan is getting so much attention now the last Trojan with the $1,500 open bid fell off the radar. Jmax and I were discussing it in messaging

Last edited:

jonbuilder

You wait and see, John is going to sneak in there and get it before anyone has a chance to bid...
Everyone and anyone is free to submit an offer to purchase to the seller at this point. I personally think the offer will need to be higher than the sellers' anticipated high sales price for him to accept. Sure submit an offer of 10K and most likely it will be accepted. I will be surprised if this jacket sells over 2K and I will not pay 2K

jonbuilder

Older Vanson Highwayman (model E). I’ve had around 12 of these but this one takes the cake. I’d go so far to say that this is my fav cross zip ever. Beats out Aero, Bates, Cal, Langlitz and Lost Worlds. Never had a cross zip I liked as much as this one. This is the one for me and rather than pursue a million more in this style, I’m done.
I think I get it, Tony. Once you found the sweet spot you only be chasing a dream trying to recreate it

dwilson

A-List Customer
Is there a good way to get rid of water spots? I have some on the cuffs of my brown Flat Head from washing my hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ