Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Langlitz “Glossy Bossy” tagged size 44 $3750 which may even be a deal (I don’t know) but isn’t enough to include free shipping.

View attachment 337286

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Langlitz-L...-/154466580480?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

While it is a gorgeous jacket, IMO it is way overpriced. You can get a custom Langlitz tailor made for under $2000 in a variety of leather options, including their heavyweight cowhide which will probably be plenty heavy for most people. I don't think any custom leather option is worth paying over a 20% upcharge for, especially considering the price we already pay for these bespoke items.

Moontanning

One of the Regulars
While it is a gorgeous jacket, IMO it is way overpriced. You can get a custom Langlitz tailor made for under $2000 in a variety of leather options, including their heavyweight cowhide which will probably be plenty heavy for most people. I don't think any custom leather option is worth paying over a 20% upcharge for, especially considering the price we already pay for these bespoke items.

100% agree and the seller even writes in his description that the jacket represents the value of a theoretical car, hanging in the closet.

For someone wanting one it may be something of a find if the seller’s account of rarity and that Langlitz won’t make them anymore is accurate.

Moontanning

One of the Regulars
Langlitz Columbia size 42. $400 starting bid but seller accepting offers.

upload_2021-5-26_13-11-46.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Langlitz-L...-/203473227121?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Nice bit of info.

This is one of those jackets that if you find it in your size, hit BIN. Not a jacket too often seen for sale, unlike the Maverick. And it has many things going for it, but foremost is that the CW that was used to make them is normally excellent. This is is a stellar price (assuming the seller is legit). I wish I had paid this for mine.

I took a risk and bid...
Won for around 250$, i thought at that price it was a risk worth taking.
If i really get a brand new Maverick for 250$ i will be super happy, if i get a box of rocks i hope i can get my money back through paypal or my credit card company.
I admit the fact that the same pics are used for multiple sales doesn't fill me with confidence, but the seller has a positive review selling a size 42 Maverick before, maybe he just bought an old stock and has a few...
Wait and see, fingers crossed.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I took a risk and bid...
Won for around 250$, i thought at that price it was a risk worth taking.
If i really get a brand new Maverick for 250$ i will be super happy, if i get a box of rocks i hope i can get my money back through paypal or my credit card company.
I admit the fact that the same pics are used for multiple sales doesn't fill me with confidence, but the seller has a positive review selling a size 42 Maverick before, maybe he just bought an old stock and has a few...
Wait and see, fingers crossed.
nice, good luck. Will be hell of a find for sure. I think what might happen is you might get a note saying jacket is unavailable as worst case. So you shouldn't be out of pocket. But hopefully you do get a nice quality jacket. I've had great luck with Buyee. 4 killer jackets. Only one didn't fit, but was really my fault for not allowing for the sherpa liner.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails