Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
All this talk about Durable in the other thread made me google it to see what's out there (yeah, I need a life), and this popped up:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/993397...et&ref=sr_gallery-1-40&organic_search_click=1

Not a fan of flight jackets, but this is magnificent. If I was into them I'd seriously buy this and never look back, repros be damned including GW.

il_1588xN.2986783776_2mdk.jpg

Last edited:

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ebay says I missed out on it.

I think the seller's strategy, setting a really hight reserve, really 'tainted' this jacket. I'd be surprised if there will be a bidding war on it when/if the jacket is relisted.

View attachment 337676
This is precisely the strategy some sellers use that makes me never bid on their items. A “test” auction (which essentially tells the seller nothing, as the reserve will make many bidders coy), only to slap the last placed bid as the opener for the next auction. I have no faith in faithless sellers and this one is a clown. Probably would’ve hit $3k without the greed/ fear mongering. But these are people who don’t know jack shit. I hope it sells for $350 and the next owner turns it into a vest. LOL.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
These J-24 are nice jacket I have one with the wool lining I paid $1,200 for 15 years ago or I would hit the BIN I might do it anyway fair warning
go for it. I think it has a newer zipper though. Very sweet deal anyway. It's too short for me at 6'0. I've got a few already on the short side and it's a certain sort of look. Don't want a closet full of them. Going for more ever green jackets now.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
This is precisely the strategy some sellers use that makes me never bid on their items. A “test” auction (which essentially tells the seller nothing, as the reserve will make many bidders coy), only to slap the last placed bid as the opener for the next auction. I have no faith in faithless sellers and this one is a clown. Probably would’ve hit $3k without the greed/ fear mongering. But these are people who don’t know jack shit. I hope it sells for $350 and the next owner turns it into a vest. LOL.

Soooo well said. I share the exact same sentiment. Especially the Vest part :p:p:p. This Seller is a total feminine hygiene sack. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails