Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Great jacket. I own one. This model doesn't have the underarm footballs like the newer 618s do. Very light weight

Vintage 80s Schott Perfecto 618 Leather Jacket Motorcycle size 38 | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I was not overly impressed with the construction of the jacket compared to California made leather MC jackets from the 50s

That may be another reason that so few show up. I was curious about there quality. The ladies jacket I have is nothing special other than the label. No doubt there was much quality on the West Coast at that time to compete with. California Sportswear, Cal Leather, Taubers, Block, Ralphs-Pugh, Langlitz were in full swing on the West Coast.

I thought this Ralphs-Pugh pocket resembled the Trojan. Not as close as I thought, but still an interesting connection. This RP is from the late 1930s

20170125_fd0683.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Mine has the exact zipper issue with the male side loose and the same issue with the torn lining in the neck area. Probably the same size too. I prefer the black as it does not show stains like this brown color does.

Schambach

Practically Family

Careful with this one. I bought two jackets from this seller a little while back, a "Bates" and a "Schott", and I don't think either one is authentic. I didn't raise a big stink over it, as the "Schott" is actually sort of nice, and fits me well, and it wasn't a lot of money. The "Bates" he sold me is a straight up trash mall jacket, with Bates patches sewn on. But, YMMV!

Moontanning

One of the Regulars
Careful with this one. I bought two jackets from this seller a little while back, a "Bates" and a "Schott", and I don't think either one is authentic. I didn't raise a big stink over it, as the "Schott" is actually sort of nice, and fits me well, and it wasn't a lot of money. The "Bates" he sold me is a straight up trash mall jacket, with Bates patches sewn on. But, YMMV!

That’s good feedback and makes not having any pictures of the lining or tag raise a flag. Seller has 100% feedback so no one is dinging them for any questionable items or they’re refunding/resolving it.

Schambach

Practically Family
That’s good feedback and makes not having any pictures of the lining or tag raise a flag. Seller has 100% feedback so no one is dinging them for any questionable items or they’re refunding/resolving it.

I honestly don't know if the listings, and the photos for the jackets I bought were intentionally misleading, or if he was just bad at photos and descriptions. It really could have been either.

I think someone here might have picked up one of the many Thurlows he's been selling, maybe they had a better experience?

But if I were considering this one, I'd definitely get photos of the tags and liner beforehand.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
jeez, with tax it would be like $3600. I've never handled one, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but that's like 2 Thedis, maybe even 3 if you buy used. And I can't imagine it getting any better than that.

I've never handled one either, so I also don't know what I am actually missing here. But this new with tags version is, with tax & shipping literally 50% of the cost of either my car or my truck, both of which I bought for $7k each in the past couple of years. Heck I don't know if I would buy a $3600 motorcycle at this point. :)

I honestly don't know if the listings, and the photos for the jackets I bought were intentionally misleading, or if he was just bad at photos and descriptions. It really could have been either.

I think someone here might have picked up one of the many Thurlows he's been selling, maybe they had a better experience?

But if I were considering this one, I'd definitely get photos of the tags and liner beforehand.

Thanks for the info. The leather does look like Bates’ vintage brown hide. If legit, this is a very nice buy at that price.

Rgcards

A-List Customer
Hey hey, that's the black 42 CR Ive been looking for! Someone put a starting bid on it so I couldn't do BIN :(. But Ive put in my max bid already so maybe be kind guys....

That was me but I'll sit it out. There was no BIN

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
That was me but I'll sit it out. There was no BIN

Aha, knew it was a lounger! Many thanks, I appreciate it in my quest to find a black CR that fits. With my luck, even if I win the auction, this won't fit and it will be yet another of my jackets in the classifieds.... way too many listings already

Rgcards

A-List Customer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider