Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Clinch Boots called, they want their title back. :D

It's a tie! I've been thinking about it but it's hard to decide which deserve the title. But YSL silhouette definitely kills. Clinch makes the nicest looking Engineer ever and their Jodhpur is perfection.

marker2037

Practically Family
Bill Kelso A1 - shinki horsehide (size 42)

i2bRCcV.jpg

This is now down to 725 gbp plus shipping on styleforum. Someone buy this before I do....

Rosecitymike

One of the Regulars

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab

Edward

Bartender
Well... Some definitely but from what I've seen from these several brands whose trousers I have owned, they simply copied some Levi's / Lee model and called it a day. Even Belstaff, which was my personal favorite.
I don't think that much thought went into ergonomic aspect of these regularly styled leather pants. What Vanson did with their SS trousers is an entirely different matter as these are all styled exclusively for riding but leather 5 pocket jeans are just... Well, that.

Aero's 60's riding trousers do feel great on a motorcycle, though! Wouldn't hesitate a second to go on a long trip in 'em.

For sure there are some bike trews that are really just a pair of leather jeans in style. Good for those of us who definitely prefer the 'plainer', less tactical look, of course.

It's a tie! I've been thinking about it but it's hard to decide which deserve the title. But YSL silhouette definitely kills. Clinch makes the nicest looking Engineer ever and their Jodhpur is perfection.

Handled a pair of Clinch engineers in Cluth cafe a couple of years ago. Really, really nice boots. Money no object I'd have a pair, though I suspect they're just going to stay out of my price range for now. When I first saw them I was sure they were £700, which I could have justified, but it appears that's the per-boot price... ;)

Do you know any other companies that make leather jeans? Checked Aero, but apparently they don't produce them anymore.

Last I heard, Aero still makes their leather trousers but you have to inquire by mail. Apparently, they only make them for returning customers who already bought a pair and got their sizing right. It's the reason why they canned them from the site as they had too many returns from people who can't figure out their sizing.

There's Vanson of course and I know for a fact that Schott makes a super high quality pair so you're safe with either. Bates as well.
You should also look into acquiring older Levi's black leather jeans which are held in high regard and are somewhat of a grail when it comes to leather pants, too. GAP used to make a pair and they go cheap.

If you have money to spare, there's Langlitz and Real McCoy but IMO you won't be getting your moneys worth with those. Great products but they cost too much. Won't get you nothing more that any ol' Schott doesn't deliver, except of course if you go for the whole BLUF thing which makes Langlitz your only option but that's another story altogether.

My advice; Go vintage / used. There are many fantastic leather pants all over eBay going cheap as it's still a niche market but you can find some amazing stuff with just a little digging. I bought three pairs in the last few months, one nicer than the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland