Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

marker2037

Practically Family
Vanson Gambler 42

Too small in the waist for me, but @Marc mndt and @Carlos840

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184863975598?hash=item2b0ac068ae:g:n00AAOSwtpFgtRjq

s-l1600.jpg

Pandemic

One Too Many
I've considered it, the bottom hem width might work but the ptp of 20.75 is a definite deal breaker for me.

EDIT: Duh, I just scrolled through to the seller's measurement pics.

Where did you see that p2p? As I read it, he only had the waist taken in and not the chest. Thurston list it as:

Size 42
Back length--25.5 inches
Sleeve length--26 inches
Pit-to-pit--22 inches
Shoulder--18.5 inches
Waist--20.25 inches

I hope I am wrong though - 20.75 would work for me :)

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab

Where did you see that p2p? As I read it, he only had the waist taken in and not the chest. Thurston list it as:

Size 42
Back length--25.5 inches
Sleeve length--26 inches
Pit-to-pit--22 inches
Shoulder--18.5 inches
Waist--20.25 inches

There's a picture with measuring tape on it, I think. Not sure if 20.75" but certainly looks considerably less than 22".

marker2037

Practically Family

Size 42
Back length--25.5 inches
Sleeve length--26 inches
Pit-to-pit--22 inches
Shoulder--18.5 inches
Waist--20.25 inches

I do think there is likely some material there to get flatter for a better chest measurement. I doubt it's really that small.

nattevagten

A-List Customer
Last I heard, Aero still makes their leather trousers but you have to inquire by mail. Apparently, they only make them for returning customers who already bought a pair and got their sizing right. It's the reason why they canned them from the site as they had too many returns from people who can't figure out their sizing.

There's Vanson of course and I know for a fact that Schott makes a super high quality pair so you're safe with either. Bates as well.
You should also look into acquiring older Levi's black leather jeans which are held in high regard and are somewhat of a grail when it comes to leather pants, too. GAP used to make a pair and they go cheap.

If you have money to spare, there's Langlitz and Real McCoy but IMO you won't be getting your moneys worth with those. Great products but they cost too much. Won't get you nothing more that any ol' Schott doesn't deliver, except of course if you go for the whole BLUF thing which makes Langlitz your only option but that's another story altogether.

My advice; Go vintage / used. There are many fantastic leather pants all over eBay going cheap as it's still a niche market but you can find some amazing stuff with just a little digging. I bought three pairs in the last few months, one nicer than the other.

Thanks for the great advice! Vinted, Grail, etc. it is then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24