Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
My favorite Harley Davidson branded jacket. Never seen one I could wear including this one. Never seen one with the original snap on Collar. This is a late 40s variant with this lining and label. Looks like it is not even broken in!

I had a Cycle Queen from this era that was like new.

I would like a better shot of the main zipper.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284412581793

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

My favorite Harley Davidson branded jacket. Never seen one I could wear including this one. Never seen one with the original snap on Collar. This is a late 40s variant with this lining and label. Looks like it is not even broken in!

I had a Cycle Queen from this era that was like new.

I would like a better shot of the main zipper.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284412581793

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

This and their pocketless D pocket are always pre-set in my searches. The handful I have found of the latter that fit are always too pricey for me.

JurassicUtility

One of the Regulars
Dangit jonesy, stop being helpful. lol

As the seller of the brown jacket, I obviously have a conflict of interest, but this seems like a really good deal if you want one of these in black. Did Vanson offer these in brown leather in the past? Brown Vansons seem uncommon on ebay, so I assumed to was maybe some sort of custom order. Imported from Japan, so who knows what the story behind it is.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Dangit jonesy, stop being helpful. lol

As the seller of the brown jacket, I obviously have a conflict of interest, but this seems like a really good deal if you want one of these in black. Did Vanson offer these in brown leather in the past? Brown Vansons seem uncommon on ebay, so I assumed to was maybe some sort of custom order. Imported from Japan, so who knows what the story behind it is.
That brown jacket is something special. I recently had a catch and release black Cheyenne from Japan that was nice, but the brown one you have looks much better, and probably a heavier weight leather.
Kinda surprised you’re passing on this J. My 1984-5? Columbia is great hide and my most comfy MC. You must be up to something! Lol
B
i was thinking about this one, but the sleeves are a little short.

Kinda surprised you’re passing on this J. My 1984-5? Columbia is great hide and my most comfy MC. You must be up to something! Lol
B

Hey B. I just sold my Vanson A. This type of jacket doesn’t do it for me. If it were a Columbia jacket I would have thought about it. I have sold off four Langlitz, and only miss the 50s Police Columbia. Really miss it. I should have kept that one. I think Guppy has it.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
This and their pocketless D pocket are always pre-set in my searches. The handful I have found of the latter that fit are always too pricey for me.

I read this comment then went back to ebay and was going to post this jacket as it just popped up. I thought I had seen it here. Just found it on ebay and it had already run once!! I must have seen it, just didn't recognize what a cool piece of Motorcycle history. I don't currently own a HD jacket and never one with Fancy work. I've sold two ladies jackets, but never owned a men's jacket. this is not a small as advertised. 40/42 probably. I have no idea what model this is, certainly early 50s nylon lining. such and odd front pock arrangement. I love the Spot work.

I've always questioned Quality of Vintage HD jackets. This was just too Cool to pass. It happened so quickly!

Yes, I bought it.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy