Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Claybertrand

One Too Many
This jacket LOOKS like it could be a 141 which would be the Naked Cowhide model. I'm not as fluent in the Schott Model Language as I once was so this could be another model with the same look in a lesser hide than the Naked Cow--which is supposed to be a flawless hide in terms of natural imperfections. This one looks clean. Size 48. Missing liner but since its a later model, Schott had learned to label the Jackets not just the liners. These run pretty true to size.

Low starting bid and Offers accepted.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165031217356?hash=item266ca088cc:g:eiAAAOSwPARhIlNY&LH_ItemCondition=10|3000

s-l1600.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
But clearly the guy in Jacket #1 would STOMP the guy in Jacket #2 and leave with his Old Lady.

lol It may depend on the Old Lady!!!!!! You are in a World of you own, well, maybe me too!

he chain on the second one looks like a deliberate JOKE---the same chain links as you'd find on your average pair of children's play handcuffs. It looks like some is just tryin too damn hard to look HARD.

lol again! I guess that is what I was trying to say!!

Since I don't ride a Motorcycle jacket, but wear one, maybe I'm the true "Poser"

Claybertrand

One Too Many
lol It may depend on the Old Lady!!!!!! You are in a World of you own, well, maybe me too!

lol again! I guess that is what I was trying to say!!

Since I don't ride a Motorcycle jacket, but wear one, maybe I'm the true "Poser"

Lol!! I don't ride either but have a few Moto style jackets. I suppose I'm also a POSER..... It hasn't been TOO bad wearing them but I HAVE had to endure a handful of mocking inquiries like, "Hey Dude, where's yer Bike??!!!"

My already preloaded response WAS gonna be, "Its at your Momma's house where I left it!" Which I think is a good response for a wanna-be biker. But then I started thinking as I get older, this sounds like I'm hooking up with some guy's super elderly mom and THAT isn't the look I'm goin for when trying to deal with a Heckler out in public. Plus, I was thinking this response realistically is 50-50 gonna get my ass kicked (sure maybe I could use it but that's not the point!:p). So I just laugh off the heckling in the interest of self preservation.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
This could be a cool knock around jacket for someone...... Decently well worn Passaic w detachable collar. Looks a lot like it could be a police model that was not in official service. Maybe just a style that LOOKS cop-like. Doesn't appear to have been patched and there is no badge holder. The gold snaps and overall look along with the side zippers to access gun belt accessories makes me think Cop Jacket. But it IS a longer jacket so these side zips would allow access to pockets in civilian use as well. Cleaned up, conditioned, used as an overcoat type of garment it looks like it could work for someone. DOES appear to have that possibly misaligned front left and right sides. Could just be the photos..... Male zipper side's days are numbered........ $99.99 BIN.......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284420024631?hash=item4238c12937:g:9CoAAOSwsYdhIYux

s-l1600.jpg

Flying Monkey

New in Town
Lol!! I don't ride either but have a few Moto style jackets. I suppose I'm also a POSER..... It hasn't been TOO bad wearing them but I HAVE had to endure a handful of mocking inquiries like, "Hey Dude, where's yer Bike??!!!"

My already preloaded response WAS gonna be, "Its at your Momma's house where I left it!" Which I think is a good response for a wanna-be biker. But then I started thinking as I get older, this sounds like I'm hooking up with some guy's super elderly mom and THAT isn't the look I'm goin for when trying to deal with a Heckler out in public. Plus, I was thinking this response realistically is 50-50 gonna get my ass kicked (sure maybe I could use it but that's not the point!:p). So I just laugh off the heckling in the interest of self preservation.
For an interesting reading experience, try Hunter S. Thompson's "Hell's Angels" book. He rode around with them for a while back in the 60s and ended up almost being murdered by several members who got annoyed at him. What would pertain to this thread, however, is the pictures you can find online during his time with the various motorcycle clubs he wrote about. You can see clearly that our current ideas of actual american biker jackets is not always what we would have expected. Just about as many levi vests as leather jackets and always dirty and uncared for. I get that this is not universal and these images are from an age gone by. I, myself just wear what I like to wear and if others criticize or laugh, I don't care. I think your laughing back at(or with) them is the perfect response.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
For an interesting reading experience, try Hunter S. Thompson's "Hell's Angels" book. He rode around with them for a while back in the 60s and ended up almost being murdered by several members who got annoyed at him. What would pertain to this thread, however, is the pictures you can find online during his time with the various motorcycle clubs he wrote about. You can see clearly that our current ideas of actual american biker jackets is not always what we would have expected. Just about as many levi vests as leather jackets and always dirty and uncared for. I get that this is not universal and these images are from an age gone by. I, myself just wear what I like to wear and if others criticize or laugh, I don't care. I think your laughing back at(or with) them is the perfect response.

Yeah I've read that book a couple of times now....lol and I have read Hell's Angel: The Life and Times of Sonny Barger. Barger and other Angels have taken exception to many of HST's......interpretations of life as a Hell's Angel. Barger takes time to point out what issues he has with Thompson's book. As I recall, in his book, HST saw an Angel slap his "Old Lady" OR his dog around. Maybe both?? Anyway, Thompson sees this and says something smart ass along the lines of "Only cowards beat their women and kick their dogs!" and I think these were guys he didn't even know. Alas, an asskicking commenced and he says he woulda been beaten to death if the guys he DID know didn't intervene.

Yeah, I wouldn't talk SH*T to a Biker......Unless I have had a few beers and am say, 50 to 100 feet away but even then.....:eek:

alish

One of the Regulars
Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 7.31.17 PM.png

Seems like someone was interested in a jacket like this a while back, maybe on the 5 Star discussion. Unusual leather - kind of like a very lightly oiled or waxed suede maybe. Anyway, something different, at least from what I'm used to seeing. 20" P2P, 18" Shoulder to shoulder, 24.5" sleeve. Listed at $800 or offer, but I just got an offer from the seller for $450, so clearly some motivation to sell!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/333962884650?&ul_noapp=true&autorefresh=true

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sweet baby Jesus, is this what I think it is?!? @tmitchell59 @Mysteryo @Claybertrand @Monitor

https://etsy.me/3v1AlJL

View attachment 340243

I’ve bought from seller before. No complaints at all.
@JMax I purchased this jacket and the leather is not real heavy but dense beautiful. I was not looking for Sportclad or Kurland but this jacket is a beauty the back rides at my belt.
What I gather from your later post saying you think this is a Sportclad/ Kurland that Kurland made the jacket for Penny's Sporclad label? Bottom line this jacket is not leaving me anywhere soon. Thank you for posting I own for this one

Last edited:

Kubatu

A-List Customer
It might fit me. Seller says size 40, but the measurements look more like a modern-day 38. What's special about roo hide?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana