Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
$50 How is it still unsold, after 32 weeks ?
I think the deal with FB sales is you have to pick up locally. It's about a 1.5 hour drive for me, otherwise out of curiosity I would have gone and checked it out. Only the one photo, no measurements, etc. etc. who knows what you're going to get. But yeah, if I was within half hour, I would have chanced it.

alish

One of the Regulars
Kurland looks to be in very good condition (nearly like NOS). P2P 23", shoulders 18". $450 or offer.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/253974823353?hash=item3b221441b9:g:SZEAAOSwL4Rb51VO&LH_ItemCondition=4|10

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 1.07.57 PM.png

Diesel

New in Town
I am in the process of going to get buy it…and will take it even if it is a Branded Garments jacket……

But how will I know if is a Branded without label or a original Cal?

I am in the process of going to get buy it…and will take it even if it is a Branded Garments jacket……

But how will I know if is a Branded without label or a original Cal?

The FB jacket is a Cal, 60s / 70s. Nice grab for 50 bones and a road trip.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
How come? Why can't they ship a jacket?
maybe I have bad info, but I think I remember others mentioning in the past that typically the transactions on facebook are local. I could be wrong and maybe it's case to case.

Diesel, there's a few tell tale signs on a Cal. Mutton in the sleeves by the wrists, the horizontal stitching on the hand warmer pockets, the stitch pattern on the tail. There's a few different patterns (gussets, no gussets, etc.) so that's not a sure thing. Also the liner, black satin like. The white canvas like lining in the inside pocket.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
thats A cool jacket and company. How would the guidemaster compare to let's say a perfecto or Taubers of the day? Worth the punt if the measurements pan out.?

Ive never handled a Guidemaster. From what I can see in pictures, and have read online and from other TFL members, they make a great jacket. If this thing fit me I would have messaged the seller an offer and/or tried to win the auction. If it fits anything like a Fidelity, then even better. And this is my favorite liner that I have seen in GMW jackets, though it’s not in perfect shape.

Edit: Don’t forget that it need repairs. Maybe a lot of them that are unseen. So I would factor that in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner