Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Wildhorses

Practically Family
Well used Herc, looks like steerhide, but at this point that makes no difference
1950s Hercules D Pocket Leather Motorcycle Jacket Incredible Patina | eBay
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I’m actually debating if I should pull my son out of private school…green label Langlitz. This is sick.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-19...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

View attachment 358807

One of the best posts I have read regarding a potential jacket purchase. At first glance, the prospect of removing your son from private school seems an oddly misplaced declaration in this forum.....then you see the jacket annnnnnnnddddd....... well....Public Schools DO usually have better sports teams.......;)

Last edited:

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’m actually debating if I should pull my son out of private school…green label Langlitz. This is sick.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-19...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

View attachment 358807
I did not think a 22 pit would work for you I will be following but not willing to hit the BIN. But this could be my grail jacket.
Last year I went almost the BIN for a Trojan that can not even stand in the shadow of this Langlitz.
BTW The torn-up cream Trojan has just been finished being reworked by Dena. Zip replaced with a similar vintage Tanon, all tear reinforced and sewed together, two coats of dying to cover the flacking, and then sealed

I did not think a 22 pit would work for you I will be following but not willing to hit the BIN. But this could be my grail jacket.
Last year I went almost the BIN for a Trojan that can not even stand in the shadow of this Langlitz.
BTW The torn-up cream Trojan has just been finished being reworked by Dena. Zip replaced with a similar vintage Tanon, all tear reinforced and sewed together, two coats of dying to cover the flacking, and then sealed

It certainly won’t. Too tight. My new street name would be Busta Seams. Hopefully you score it.

Interested to see what Dena did to the Trojan. Challenging work that jacket.

Coriu

One Too Many

I decided to teach high school in the US rather than sit around and grow old in retirement. I live in a "poor," rural county. People would be blown away if they saw the clothing these "poor" kids wear. I recently spoke to a parent who said his kid owns 6 bikes(in various states of disarray because if the least little thing breaks, he insists upon getting a new one), 3 BB guns, and 6 pairs of sneakers(all of which appear to me as "expensive.") Based upon what I am seeing, some of these parents should treat themselves more and the kids less.

Call me a mean old man, but If I had a kid now, I would tell him/her they are buying me that jacket, and they have "X" amount of time to pay me off...as a debt for sending them to private school. Even if they are not old enough to work, they could do chores around the house to earn money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points