Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Monitor, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Rgcards

Rgcards One of the Regulars

I bought it. We will see. Tracking sent. By the way is there a 12 step program for people like me?

jonbuilder, Mrfrown, Jin431 and 4 others like this.
  2. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

I could offer to be your sponsor!! :)

I need it too...

Just hope the seller has been in touch with you - the "0" feedback is a bit of a challenge for me. Hope you get it soon!

Jin431 likes this.
  3. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

everyone started with 0 feed back

4. Yamahana

Yamahana A-List Customer

5. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Cool. The lining and buckle look great. The horizontal pocket caught my eye. At this point, I’m interested in a handful of vintage makers or a unique design by makers I appreciate. This pocket config sort of fits into the latter grouping. I like Reed, but never on my radar. I look forward to better pictures.

6. Yamahana

Yamahana A-List Customer

I
    I know what you mean Reed was not specifically on my search radar either and this listing never even mentions Reed but it was certainly unique and caught my eye. Ended up paying more than I wanted to on a gamble but it was haunting me.
    Also only focused on vintage and or unique, not a big fan of the “perfecto” for that very reason. Great jackets but also the most common and copied

tmitchell59, Jin431 and JMax like this.
  7. alish

alish Familiar Face

Suede shirt jacket; Golden State Leather Fashion made in California; size large. $50 OBO. Link

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 1.27.34 PM.png

tmitchell59 and Jin431 like this.
  8. Jumper

Jumper A-List Customer

JMax likes this.
  9. Jumper

Jumper A-List Customer

Was this posted? Ward, $50 + shipping. Pictured measurements just short of being helpful but dammit, he tried. And listing says proceeds support a rescue farm, with cows, which is ironic, but still cool. Does mention an issue with getting the (main?) zipper started, but no details on that.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16001.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165064426905

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    Jin431 likes this.
  10. Bluechel

Bluechel Familiar Face

What is this Vanson brown leather jacket called? Trying to find it's history.

Attached Files:

11. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

Label looks kinda modern. Is it a Ward?

Jumper likes this.
  12. photo2u

photo2u Practically Family

T. I have the same jacket but with blue arm lining. My is a Hercules. But did you notice, no bling on the back...

13. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Yes, more modern Wards jacket. I was already walking the earth when this bad boy was for sale on some rack.

Jumper likes this.
  14. Jumper

Jumper A-List Customer

Any thoughts on era? (Not to put a freshness date on JMax, but...) 1970s? Leather still looks fairly substantial. Seems the Penney's/Ward/Sears hides trended thinner over the decades, maybe starting in the '60s? But I'm wrong a lot.

s-l1600.jpg

15. Yamahana

Yamahana A-List Customer

I bought this jacket a month ago and returned it. It’s a newer production just as @JMax stated, thinner leather not as well put together as earlier MW-Brent jackets. Zipper almost impossible to get started because it’s sewn to deep into the front fold.

Marc mndt, JurassicUtility and Jumper like this.
  16. Kubatu

Kubatu A-List Customer

[​IMG]

Digging this Vanson for $175 shipped, but it has patches on the sleeve and back that ruin the deal for me. https://www.ebay.com/itm/294396612631?

It's their take on a Swedish motorcycle jacket. I have none seen a brown one before. They no longer make them. Be aware, at least in my experience, they fit huge. I had a size 38 with a 28 pit to pit. No idea what was going on with that thing. Make sure to get measurements if you are looking for the style! Given the overall bulkiness and lack of vintage zippers on all of the jackets I have seen in this style, I'm going to say 1980s-2000s production.

17. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

jonbuilder likes this.
  18. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

I would like to see your Hercules jacket that looks familiar to the Albert Richard. As I said I can't remember what I saw that makes me. Think Hercules. I don't seem to see it but I could be missing it. The company that made Albert Richard was in close proximity to Sears in Chicago before they sold the name to East Coast maker oh, so I'm not sure trying to make a connection

19. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

Note they crossed out the address in PA and moved to Florida. This catalog looks 60s?

DSC04836.JPG DSC04837.JPG DSC04838.JPG DSC04839.JPG DSC04840.JPG