Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Monitor, Mar 26, 2019.

1. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

JMax likes this.
  2. Wildhorses

Wildhorses One of the Regulars

3. Yamahana

Yamahana A-List Customer

4. Schambach

Schambach One of the Regulars

5. Kubatu

Kubatu A-List Customer

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/brown-vanson-maverick-leather-trucker-jacket-size-34.104924/ ;)

I wouldn’t be too concerned about the sleeve cuffs, honestly, as long as the rest of the jacket is fine. Cuffs always get a lot of wear.

AeroFan_07, JMax and Schambach like this.
  6. Schambach

Schambach One of the Regulars

7. Monitor

Monitor

This cannot be fixed but it can be maintained. The jacket seems to be in a pristine condition otherwise and if your friend doesn't mind the way this looks, there's nothing to worry about. I have the same thing happening on my Levi's trucker. Sweaty hands are the cause of this particular kind of cracking (you can tell by the discoloration too, which is always present) so keeping the cuffs clean and limiting the contact with palms will stop any further deterioration.
    It's a damn fine jacket, made outta fantastic looking leather so this wouldn't prevent me from buying it. Vanson makes a perfect trucker. I've had a few & none other compare.

One great thing about the Type-3 style is that the cuffs can always be replaced since they're made separately from the sleeves. Finding the matching leather would be the toughest bit but otherwise, it's a relatively straightforward (and invisible) alteration that usually isn't possible on most other jacket styles so that's something to take into consideration too.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    Jumper, Guppy, JMax and 4 others like this.
  8. alish

alish Familiar Face

Personally, I wouldn't get into it at that price with the cracking at the cuffs. Different story if it was $200 or less. But that's just me. $350 seems like the seller isn't discounting it for the cuffs at all. It's been listed a month so the seller might be ready to deal; or wait another month and see. Others might see it totally differently though... And if it's just that perfect jacket, then maybe it's worth more to your friend then it would be to me.

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  9. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

^^
    The harmless cracking at the cuffs notwithstanding, $350 is a ridiculous ask considering a new Maverick is $398.

I would not go a penny over $200 on that one.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    AeroFan_07, Claybertrand and alish like this.
  10. alish

alish Familiar Face

11. Mandarin

Mandarin A-List Customer

What justifies the price of this one is the specific color of the leather: the jacket was probably made to order, and it's a one of a kind.

12. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Agreed. You beat me to it.

13. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

Point taken, a custom leather Maverick at Thurston Bros is $950, so if this leather is anything like that, then yeah.

14. ton312

ton312

15. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Unless something else comes up, I’m thinking I’ll take the chance. Most of my commitment based on your posts and your SG collection. No pressure.

jonbuilder likes this.
  16. alish

alish Familiar Face

Vanson sz 44. 23 hours to go with no bids. Starting at $180. Link

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 1.43.12 PM.png

Schambach and JMax like this.
  17. Coriu

Coriu Practically Family

18. JohnS33931

JohnS33931 Familiar Face

Thank God somebody finally bought that one in size 46! I’ve been fighting the “need” to have that for about a month now. Not so much because of the beautiful leather, but because of the custom shoulder gussets and side pockets.

tmitchell59 likes this.
  19. alish

alish Familiar Face

Another California Creations, Sz 42. Interesting mash up of bomber and CR design. $125 OBO. Link

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 2.26.06 PM.png

JMax likes this.