Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Sharp

New in Town

Leather Walker

Practically Family
Golden Bear MC jacket, size 42, BIN $228: eBay
s-l1600.jpg

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Looks like a Seattle Woolen Texan missing the label. A bit overpriced, a bit small, and very Cool.

View attachment 408006

View attachment 408008

View attachment 408009
Cool jacket but a bit overpriced is an understatement

Coriu

One Too Many
Cool if you want to blend in with a herd of cows.

Looks like a Seattle Woolen Texan missing the label. A bit overpriced, a bit small, and very Cool.

View attachment 408006

View attachment 408008

View attachment 408009
What is the history behind these? Was this "simple" grizzlies gone wild with a creative flair? I have read that grizzlies were made for the biker fraternity. A relative was a hardcore biker entrenched in the biker community back in the 60's and 70's, and neither he nor his MC friends would be caught dead in something like this. I'm just wondering if there was a certain segment of the biker community that wore these and/or if it was a regional phenomenon. Any insights appreciated!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
What is the history behind these? Was this "simple" grizzlies gone wild with a creative flair? I have read that grizzlies were made for the biker fraternity. A relative was a hardcore biker entrenched in the biker community back in the 60's and 70's, and neither he nor his MC friends would be caught dead in something like this. I'm just wondering if there was a certain segment of the biker community that wore these and/or if it was a regional phenomenon. Any insights appreciated!

Coriu

One Too Many
Thank you! Based upon what I just read, it appears the style lost favor (at least in terms of manufacturing) after the 30's/40's. I'd be curious to know if many people continued to wear these into the 50's and 60's.

Most of what I have seen in the past has been fairly conservative, ie brown on brown. Were more unique patterns like the aforementioned cow routinely made back then, or were they considered more of a whimsical/fashion jacket?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner