Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
On Mar-16-22 at 10:06:34 PDT, seller added the following information:

The measurements are 22 inches armpit to armpit .

shoulder to shoulder measures 19 inches
I have a hard time believing this jacket has a 26 inch back length. These measurements don't mean anything without a pic of them being taken with the measuring tape.

2BCE0619-D0E3-4A3C-8166-6BFE0E9043C6.jpeg

Gr8Lakes

Familiar Face
This is cool but those darts on the backside shoulders....usually appear on ladies jackets??
Good catch! Too small for me, so moot. But that’s a detail I could’ve easily missed if I were excited to get a good deal on something. (Actually I think at this price it’s a fair deal - nothing I’d snatch before anyone else could grab).

Jumper

A-List Customer
This is cool but those darts on the backside shoulders....usually appear on ladies jackets??
Interesting to know. I don't think I've seen darts in that location on any leather jacket, male or female. I have seen similar back-of-shoulder darts on non-leather men's jackets—some old GAP men's spring jackets, and also on the Y-3 jacket ("the Haiti jacket") Daniel Craig wore in Quantum of Solace.

I have a Thurlow deerskin car coat that I'm otherwise certain is a men's jacket (given the front closure buttons being on the right side as well as the general proportions and size), but there are two vertical darts where it's been taken in, right in the center of the back, that make me wonder, as I've never seen darts in that location on a men's jacket before. But maybe it's a normal alteration. Dunno. The jacket fits me. Probably wouldn't think as much about it if it were a wool pea coat or something. Just looks odd on an animal hide. I need to post pics and get some opinions.

The back length is 22, they have measured from the top of the collar.

Your Sportclads have the size marked somewhere, correct? Inside the patch pocket?

My Kurland measures 23.5” back length. It also has a 24” P2P.

Edit- Did seller send you a picture of the length measurement? And the P2P? Thanks.

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Your Sportclads have the size marked somewhere, correct? Inside the patch pocket?

My Kurland measures 23.5” back length. It also has a 24” P2P.

Yes, ask the seller to check the pockets, all the pockets. back could be 22.5 no longer, bottom of collar.

This jacket came to light here on TFL. @Mysteryo put up his Kurland, I had an early Sportclad, they were the same and the legend was born. I had one when we put 2+2 and now I have 4. They are held in high esteem by all the owners here, especially me and I'm still in the Hunt.

I've had detailed interactions with the last 3 sellers trying to figure out the size.

JurassicUtility

One of the Regulars
This is a $1000 (if not more) piece handmade by Diane Blessing in Colorado, US....for $100. She is renowned for her sheepskin coats. She is retiring this year and closing the shop, so if you want a new one, order now. Check out https://customsheepskinjackets.com/

If this one does not fit, these are several others for sale on ebay now.
Thanks for sharing Coriu. I picked it up, because it seems like something my mom would like.

barnabus

One Too Many
I love this at the moment and it's been on my watch list for a while. It's my size and it's literally no money at all, but I also know that I would never ever wear it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana