Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

CSC Wards. 22” P2P tops. Maybe 21.5”. 18” S2S, on the money. Too bad, I woulda offered some loot.

11409434-1D0B-4C27-91B0-FF87E4DE281F.jpeg

I believe jmax does and/or did! Personally, though those days are behind me, I’d reserve my Vansons for that. If for no other reason than the warranty. Take a spill and destroy a panel and they will likely replace it for free.

I normally ride in Vanson or LW. Sometimes Cal. The thinnest I ride in is my Taubers. After my meet and greet with the deer, I now wear gloves. Every time I ride by it’s final resting place I give it the middle finger.

The Taubers just posted has been for sale for what, 2 years? Seller may take an offer. It’s perfect. Taubers are incredible jackets.

Coriu

One Too Many
I normally ride in Vanson or LW. Sometimes Cal. The thinnest I ride in is my Taubers. After my meet and greet with the deer, I now wear gloves. Every time I ride by it’s final resting place I give it the middle finger.

The Taubers just posted has been for sale for what, 2 years? Seller may take an offer. It’s perfect. Taubers are incredible jackets.
...be honest...you only knocked him off because you were jealous of his jacket.

1647821219928.png

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Sold for $480. I was closer than I thought I would be, but not mine. Did anyone here get it? I sent some pics in a message, but never got a reply. I couldn't go any higher if I already had this size.

Great buy for some one.

1647839094201.png

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Do people out there who own $1500+ "thin" shinki horsehide jackets ride in them? Just curious.

I own Freewheelers and RMC in Shinki, both have decent stitching but the leather is too thinfor me to trust on the bike, never ridden in them, never will.
I also have a Himel in Shinki, stitching is so bad i wouldn't trust it to not explode the second i would touch the ground, so that's a definit no, i barely trust it to stay together in regular wear...
IMO Shinki is the wrong leather for a riding jacket, it's not waterproof, it's not thick enough, and most Shinki made jackets have super thin skived seams, not what i would call safety gear.

I own Freewheelers and RMC in Shinki, both have decent stitching but the leather is too thinfor me to trust on the bike, never ridden in them, never will.
I also have a Himel in Shinki, stitching is so bad i wouldn't trust it to not explode the second i would touch the ground, so that's a definit no, i barely trust it to stay together in regular wear...
IMO Shinki is the wrong leather for a riding jacket, it's not waterproof, it's not thick enough, and most Shinki made jackets have super thin skived seams, not what i would call safety gear.

Yep. RMC J-24 didn't feel like purely riding jacket but it was within the average standard of leather thickness you'd see on modern European riding jackets. Not something I personally would own as my motorcycle jacket but weight-wise, it was borderline.
I didn't know that about the skived seams. Bad news.

My uncle owned one jacket and lived/rode in it 365 days a year. In that sense, one could really break in a HH jacket. Some might think it boring as hell to own just one jacket, but one would be hard-pressed to touch it in terms of being sculpted to his body.

I agree. Other than perhaps plowing a field, riding is the best way to break the jackets in quick. The movement and stress on the jacket, the sun, the rain, the alcohol, lol.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Seller never sent me pictures of the measurements, after he said he would. I would have offered a bit more.

Thanks, I think I know the size, but I wanted confirmation so I just stopped bidding. I sent pics with my Sportclad and a tape and just asked which was the right number. No reply.

I was after a size 44. I concluded this one was a size 42.

Thanks, I think I know the size, but I wanted confirmation so I just stopped bidding. I sent pics with my Sportclad and a tape and just asked which was the right number. No reply.

I was after a size 44. I concluded this one was a size 42.
I did ask about a size label. Also said he would check. Nothing. He got a good price but I would have wanted it with some confirmation that is was like the one I have.

Coriu

One Too Many
It’s wearing one of those 80s Vanson in Octagon. Not bad.

I’m lucky the moron I hit didn’t have a rack like this, it may have been the end of me. The LW J23 woulda been ok.
Not bad?!/! That jacket cost a lot of bucks. I mean, we're talkin' major doe. And the guy rides a whitetail motorcycle. Total ladies deer...no stag here.:rolleyes:

Unlabeled Wolf Guidemaster 42 VERY Clean $299 BIN

View attachment 411918

awesome. Check out the last pic of the top left shoulder. Scares me a bit. Should I be?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy