Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A reminder: This thread isn't to be used for advertising your own items for sale. But rather interesting items owned by others that are for sale.

I’m not selling my 60s Perfecto; it’s just the same removable belt configuration. Different front though (typical Perfecto pocket, not the patch pocket.)

Not that kind of premium and that's even with a good zipper.

Well yeah, I think a $100 premium over steer would be merited with a good zipper. The price this is listed for could get you old deadstock.

Neat Buco "vest".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364007081796

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Peacoat

Bartender
I’m not selling my 60s Perfecto; it’s just the same removable belt configuration. Different front though (typical Perfecto pocket, not the patch pocket.

The reminder wasn't directed at you, but rather a general reminder as I have seen some newer members bringing attention to their own items for sale. Normally, I delete those and let the poster know why their message was deleted.

Bluechel

Practically Family
I’d be all over this jacket if it was my size.
Vanson C2 with talon zippers and amazing looking leather. Size 44

https://grailed.app.link/by2oEmptTvb

View attachment 474331 View attachment 474332 View attachment 474333 View attachment 474334 View attachment 474335 View attachment 474336
I've been wondering lately about the current versions. Since this is darn close to new prices right now at Vanson, is there a view that the older ones are significantly better?

Kenan

A-List Customer
I've been wondering lately about the current versions. Since this is darn close to new prices right now at Vanson, is there a view that the older ones are significantly better?
The leather is more interesting and has more character. I have never handled a Vanson, but the leather on this particular jacket looks very nice. The leather on new Vanson seem to be heavily corrected and with a thick topcoat.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
The leather is more interesting and has more character. I have never handled a Vanson, but the leather on this particular jacket looks very nice. The leather on new Vanson seem to be heavily corrected and with a thick topcoat.

Older Vansons have such a nice cw leather. Not too long ago Tony sold his E model for about $350 dollars in size 44. I got one same size from a great member here for 400 about a year ago with the exact same zippers. Personally, I prefer the bell shaped pulls. Talon had them in their line for a very long time. I am a big time fan of Lesco and Branded Garments. Often I take them to Mexico for friends who do not trust the good old Latin Mail services. LOL. In a serious note. Those Vansons are a must have in any collection.

Al 916

One Too Many
I’d be all over this jacket if it was my size.
Vanson C2 with talon zippers and amazing looking leather. Size 44

https://grailed.app.link/by2oEmptTvb

View attachment 474331 View attachment 474332 View attachment 474333 View attachment 474334 View attachment 474335 View attachment 474336

I am rather irritated that I missed one in my size last week for £186.
To console myself I took the A out of the container today..

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/why-should-i-buy-a-vanson.104065/page-16#post-2939096

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@Damon141 I recall you‘re fond of the Beck 666 design.

I spotted Schott has the CAF1 on their sale page (which means it will be discontinued again, most likely), which is their version of that jacket (which they manufactured back in the day.) I’m tempted to get one myself.

As you can see in this thread, the hide they used for this is pretty much a perfect match in look and temper to the one they used on the original Beck.

Judging by the thread, the jacket is somewhat oversized for its tagged size, which may or may not have been corrected since; I would contact Schott customer support for the up to date measurements.

Damon141

Practically Family
@Damon141 I recall you‘re fond of the Beck 666 design.

I spotted Schott has the CAF1 on their sale page (which means it will be discontinued again, most likely), which is their version of that jacket (which they manufactured back in the day.) I’m tempted to get one myself.

As you can see in this thread, the hide they used for this is pretty much a perfect match in look and temper to the one they used on the original Beck.

Judging by the thread, the jacket is somewhat oversized for its tagged size, which may or may not have been corrected since; I would contact Schott customer support for the up to date measurements.
Thank you, I do like that look as I like cafe racers of all kinds.

$699, great deal so I emailed them for measurements. Now that I’ve learned about full jacket measurements, I have to request them if they don’t have a proper size chart including the infamous bottom hem measurement which can change a jacket from tailored to boxy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy