Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you, I do like that look as I like cafe racers of all kinds.

$699, great deal so I emailed them for measurements. Now that I’ve learned about full jacket measurements, I have to request them if they don’t have a proper size chart including the infamous bottom hem measurement which can change a jacket from tailored to boxy

Well I meant because you've specifically made posts about how much you love the Beck 666 (and this is the Beck 666, as Schott manufactured it for them). I was surprised to see recently that the mouton collar Schott made me for a modern Perfecto this year snaps perfectly onto a 60s Beck! I wonder how many other aspects of the measurements and patterns have remained unchanged like that.

Schott sends over full size charts that include every measurement. They're spot on.

Damon141

Practically Family
Well I meant because you've specifically made posts about how much you love the Beck 666 (and this is the Beck 666, as Schott manufactured it for them).

Schott sends over full size charts that include every measurement. They're spot on.
Yes we were on the same page, I understood exactly, I love the Beck 666 for a counterpart to the traditional Buco design. I definitely did post about that design many of times and mulled over purchasing the Toys McCoy version in their max size of 44 because the measurements always seemed so close, but in the end I wasn’t brave enough because it would end up being too close fitting. Sad because they have a seemingly perfect reproduction which people love in eastern forums and blogs I found from Taiwan to Korea to Singapore to Hong Kong and Japan.

Like someone said the other day, don’t try outsmarting the manufacturer on sizing lol.

Leather Walker

Practically Family
I'm not able to ID this police leather jacket, maybe some of you guys can. On Facebook for $60.

320437016_6144613275550766_3993482920831241564_n.jpg

Wow, look at the leather on this Windward. In excellent condition too. $500 obo

I'm not sure how this 'measurement' will help a potential buyer though lol.

View attachment 474505

Wonder if the measuring skills have anything to do with the feedback rate. In any case, incredible jacket. I asked for P2P but the jacket is likely too small for me. I’ll probably get back a 79” pit to pit though.

Edit—. Around 19”. I think.

Last edited:

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

That is a beautiful thing to see. The perfect example of what money can buy... Not my size but I wish some my 2k leathers could look so good. At least to me... WILL KEEP MY EYES OPEN FOR THE SAME MODEL IN MY SIZE.

Australian maker- not Mars but another one I can’t place off the top of my head. I had an older Mars version of this jacket in kangaroo hide. Mint condition. It truly is one of the few jackets i would immediately buy back, no questions asked. I seriously get a bit mad when I remember it and then remember selling it. Thanks Horweak lol

Jumper

A-List Customer

That is a beautiful thing to see. The perfect example of what money can buy... Not my size but I wish some my 2k leathers could look so good. At least to me... WILL KEEP MY EYES OPEN FOR THE SAME MODEL IN MY SIZE.
I've seen some crazy grain in Beau Breed's thin leather, but this takes the cake. Kinda surprised it's still available. The back's nice, too.

s-l1600.jpg

An otherwise seemingly meh hide, their steer can really bloom. My own steer Beau Breed—not a find, not a deal, not for sale, pictured for illustrative purposes only (i.e. showing it off)—while not in the same league, developed nicely as it aged...

20221221_133722.jpg

20221221_133756.jpg

Jumper

A-List Customer
Always had a soft spot for Reeds, even their lackluster '70s scraps jackets. Still have my dad's. Probably why the soft spot. Anyway, this one's cool. Looks like roughly a 42 or so; $75 with offer option.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16001.jpg

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I've seen some crazy grain in Beau Breed's thin leather, but this takes the cake. Kinda surprised it's still available. The back's nice, too.

View attachment 474954

An otherwise seemingly meh hide, their steer can really bloom. My own steer Beau Breed—not a find, not a deal, not for sale, pictured for illustrative purposes only (i.e. showing it off)—while not in the same league, developed nicely as it aged...

View attachment 474955

View attachment 474956
My favorite cafe racer is the Reeds in this very same jacket. I believe Reed provided much of the hides to many of the East Coast makers of that time. I found that particular leather is very much the same in some white label HD,Reed,BB and others. I, however, have never seen the hide in the brooks. I know they were in the same town and makes much sense for Reed to be a convenient hide source. But who knows? Perhaps that are some Brooks in that hide, I just have not seen them.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

Jumper

A-List Customer
I have that jacket. Cool light weight. Perfect for California Summer weather. Mine is soft and feels a bit like deer.
Yeah, the '70s and '80s ones are soft and they feel good on, but I'm always worried about the construction. How's the stitching on yours? I'm tempted by this one, but it would be snug and I think I'd always be worried about popping seams, lol.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari