Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Claybertrand

One Too Many
@Claybertrand I think we agree that generally this style doesn't look its best with added letters or patches like a "real" varsity jacket. I also think you outlined that this might be a generational thing. For younger folks like me I think the style has taken on more of 90's streetwear vibe as opposed to a high school football player from the 50's, especially if you pair it with sneakers or (gasp) a hoodie.

In the theme of the thread though, here's a cool Schott starting at a low bid. I love this style but have no way of describing it. The moto-trucker-half-belt? I own one in more of an oxblood color and it's been an amazing buy.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/295415046080

View attachment 473598
Yeah for me, lol, I actually graduated in 1991 so I very much understand the 90s streetwear thing. I wonder if high schoolers these days really get the Letterman jackets other than maybe football players. I don't see them around town on younger people much. Here and there but not as much as I used to see them in the olden days!!

I have this Schott jacket (I think that color is Cognac) and I have the same model in Black as a Lesco. You see the Lescos popping up more prevalently. These are as you described them. Sorta have a Cafe Racer fit with a shirt collar and the 4 pocket arrangement. Zipped sleeves. Schott did not make these that many years from what I understand. I don't think they were super popular when they were made. I believe they were made in the early 80s. Most of them have an external Schott tag on the front which is an age indicator for the early 80s. I need to sell mine....... My Schott is a 46 and its too big. The Lesco is a tagged 44 and its too small. Interesting jackets......

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Allstate / buco size 38 $225 obo

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2660456092...624&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

36D8F2EA-7C90-4DFC-AAF1-7A51143CC322.jpeg

Flying Monkey

New in Town
Yeah, it's more than a scuff,more like a gank. Still, the rest of the jacket looks pretty nice. I have this same jacket in brown, but I hardly ever wear it. I see these as real rider's jackets. They look great when they're zipped up, but kinda goofy when unzipped. I have never had a street motorcycle. I commute to work though Portland, Oregon in a Toyota 4wd. Scary enough for me.

Jiaward

One of the Regulars
Yeah for me, lol, I actually graduated in 1991 so I very much understand the 90s streetwear thing. I wonder if high schoolers these days really get the Letterman jackets other than maybe football players. I don't see them around town on younger people much. Here and there but not as much as I used to see them in the olden days!!

I have this Schott jacket (I think that color is Cognac) and I have the same model in Black as a Lesco. You see the Lescos popping up more prevalently. These are as you described them. Sorta have a Cafe Racer fit with a shirt collar and the 4 pocket arrangement. Zipped sleeves. Schott did not make these that many years from what I understand. I don't think they were super popular when they were made. I believe they were made in the early 80s. Most of them have an external Schott tag on the front which is an age indicator for the early 80s. I need to sell mine....... My Schott is a 46 and its too big. The Lesco is a tagged 44 and its too small. Interesting jackets......
Oh they get it, my daughter is trying her damnedest to get one in lacrosse.
Let me add - just for the jacket.

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Bluechel

Practically Family
The goat merits a premium imo but this should be lower due to the need for zipper replacement. If I didn‘t own a similar configuration in a 60s Perfecto I would consider it.
Not that kind of premium and that's even with a good zipper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner