Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

ObiJuanValdez

New in Town
While I have no issue with badge holders, I am not a fan of the embroidery. I'm cool with the label inside. Great jacket though........

My local dry cleaner cleaner refuses to clean one of my vintage wool pieces because it has 1 inch of leather lining on the cuffs. I wonder if this is an issue on these mixed Leather/Wool jackets for anyone else??
I am consistent in my fastidiousness. I dislike the badge holders AND the embroidery. :)

While I have no issue with badge holders, I am not a fan of the embroidery. I'm cool with the label inside. Great jacket though........

My local dry cleaner cleaner refuses to clean one of my vintage wool pieces because it has 1 inch of leather lining on the cuffs. I wonder if this is an issue on these mixed Leather/Wool jackets for anyone else??

I’d prefer no embroidery, especially out back, but hey, it’s a kick ass wool Langlitz. I wonder how nice the wool is and how it compares to vtg gear.

My Windward does have some leather trim and the elbow patches. Never taken it to dry cleaners so couldn’t tell ya. Awesome wool.

Kuro

Practically Family
Any reason I should avoid this LW? (Besides someone else wanting to bid on it!)

I see that the lining, or at least one of the sleeve linings needs to be repaired, and is the zipper for the chest pocket damaged?

I kind of like how clean it looks.

Appreciate any input.

Attachments

• s-l500LW.jpg
    s-l500LW.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 52

Guppy

I'll Lock Up

I see that the lining, or at least one of the sleeve linings needs to be repaired, and is the zipper for the chest pocket damaged?

Appreciate any input.

I would figure in about $250 to replace the liner, but that's just a wild guess. You might want to write to Stu to see what he would charge for a full replacement lining. It could be that it's repairable without a full replacement, which could be considerably less. You can always just wear it as-is with the sleeve armpit seam blown out. The shell looks solid, and being Lost Worlds it'll hold up. If the price stays low, it'll be a good deal, but don't chase it.

Appreciate any input.

[/URL]

I'm not seeing anything wrong with the chest zipper & if it's just a busted seam, the lining you can fix yourself, by hand. I wouldn't even consider it an issue. But that jacket won't sell cheap, I'm pretty sure of that.

gmcd

One of the Regulars

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I would figure in about $250 to replace the liner, but that's just a wild guess. You might want to write to Stu to see what he would charge for a full replacement lining. It could be that it's repairable without a full replacement, which could be considerably less. You can always just wear it as-is with the sleeve armpit seam blown out. The shell looks solid, and being Lost Worlds it'll hold up. If the price stays low, it'll be a good deal, but don't chase it.

Stu is expensive. There are many people who can do the job correctly without the bs that Stu often comes up with. Some linings can be very challenging but often there are alternatives to the relining that make sense. Lining for me is secondary for my daily wearers. I have a car LW car coat that needed the terrible lining to be removed to make it reasonable to wear. To this moment, I have not repaired it. I will get around to it sometime. I wonder if Stu gives too much thought to the standard lining he uses in some jackets. In my case, it does not make any sense.

Kuro

Practically Family
Looks like the side waist tabs have been cut off (as opposed to professionally removed)
I asked the seller about the lining and the zipper, and he said everything was fine except someone removed the belt in the front... I was confused about this statement and thought maybe the seller looked at the wrong jacket in reference to my question...

But now you have made sense of it. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ