Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The measurements indicate a 40” but man if those sleeves were 2” longer I’d bin the shit outta that and immediately remove that label. Looks just like my Walter Dyer. I *think* these were made by Johnson leathers and relabeled for the laughably named retail store.
I mean just combine the maker and the retail outlet and you’ve got the San Fran leather jacket scene about covered. LOL. Kick ass jacket in any case.
“Hard On is proud to offer this Johnson for your consideration”.
LOOL.

With SF and that shop name you’d better give the jacket a long soak in every disinfectant known to man first…

Monarch

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3142704085...CJi9omFSVa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

C923866B-649F-4AE2-928F-C72FA4856A29.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
The black police jacket is a Californian. Many of the details scream to me like the cut,sewing technique,front pockets,sleeves and belt loops. T, are you joking? You would have spot it right away... LOL. love your jackets. I always have. I always wondered who purchased that nice Herc with the red lining? A very dear friend of mine who no longer with us had that jacket. Now that he passed, I am looking for one, to to remember him.
Never thought of that jacket as a CSC. I'm pretty good at spotting their jackets. They did produce jackets without their label. I have a couple of those.

ObiJuanValdez

New in Town
They're part of the jacket. Why would they bother you?
It bothers me because it's so clearly intended to hold something that isn't there. It's kind of like a belt loop that never ended up being used. It's superfluous and breaks up the clean lines of the jacket (to me). It just sticks out in an unpleasant way.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
While I have no issue with badge holders, I am not a fan of the embroidery. I'm cool with the label inside. Great jacket though........

My local dry cleaner cleaner refuses to clean one of my vintage wool pieces because it has 1 inch of leather lining on the cuffs. I wonder if this is an issue on these mixed Leather/Wool jackets for anyone else??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21