Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Here is another cool All Wool Varsity style jacket. I am not into the highly decorated or replica jackets of this kind as I explained in a ranty post a couple weeks ago. This is another one I would buy if it were my size...... All wool including collar and no insignia, name, patches etc. Some minor flaws and could use a dry clean but a pretty cheap price for a unique jacket that is IN STYLE...... These are much more rare than the standard letterman style jackets that are out there......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3346852683...=|tkp:Bk9SR4iRnJitYQ&LH_ItemCondition=3000|10

1672512831021.png

Observe

One Too Many
Bit rich to call this "new without tags", given the appearance of pretty set-in arm creases. Do these come pre-worn like this, or is seller (with 1 other sale) trying to pull a fast one?
s-l1600.jpg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

Cheech

A-List Customer
Last edited:

newtojackets

Practically Family
Chromexcel Schott Perfecto

Epaulettes have been removed and seems to be have been 'hand vintaged' by owner. I would be all over this if I lived in the US

Al 916

One Too Many

newtojackets

Practically Family
Same, id rather have the distressing come through natural wear. Though I appreciate logically this makes no sense though

Claybertrand

One Too Many
THIS is another one of the as yet UNIDENTIFIED vintage jackets that have been stumping myself and the Lounge. They all have this Cheesecloth like Label and IF its present it's very faded and illegible. The 3 jackets that I have seen --- and I do own one (a non moto style)--- all seem to be well made and true vintage. Hard to date them. Mine has old Scovill Gripper Zippers including one of their pocket zips that is similar to the Talon and/or Conmar Diamond and chain pull.

Perhaps the most identifiable trait is the way they do the backs of the jackets. Sort of a Western Yoke up top but the whole back panel has gussets going down nearly the full length of the jacket. These gussets terminate in a unique Obelisk looking stitch structure that I have only seen on these old mystery jackets. I have only seen 3 jackets with this unique stitching. The one I have, this one, and another that a Member posted when I was trying to ID my jacket.

These jackets are nice vintage and I would love to crack this mystery some day. This one has a great look to it and I agree with @Wildhorses that it is very cool and seems to be a smaller size. Here is the back with the stitching I am referring to. ONE DAY....... someone will ID these.......

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR Loungers!!!!!!!!

1672601503008.png

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21